Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
|Title:||Method for preparing crystalline hydrate of oral celphalosporin and its composition|
|Abstract:||An antibacterial, 7.beta.-[(Z)-2-(2-aminothiazol-4-yl)-4-carboxybut-2-enoylamino]-3-cephem-4 -carboxylic acid is stable in a (di or tri)-hydrate crystal form. A pharmacologically effective amount of this hydrate is filled in a gelatin hard capsule and sealed by a band of gelatin to make a stable composition for clinical use after storage for a long time.|
|Inventor(s):||Hamashima; Yoshio (Kyoto, JP), Minami; Kyoji (Nara, JP), Kawata; Kyozo (Osaka, JP), Sakamoto; Teruo (Osaka, JP), Takeda; Toyohiko (Hyogo, JP), Suzuki; Yusuke (Osaka, JP), Tujikawa; Masanori (Nara, JP)|
|Assignee:||Shionogi & Co., Ltd. (Osaka, JP)|
|Filing Date:||Nov 21, 1988|
|Claims:||1. A process for the preparation of a crystalline hydrate of 7-.beta.-[(Z)-2-(2-aminothiazol-4-yl)-4-carboxybut-2-enoylamino]-3-cephem- 4-carboxylic acid having the X-ray diffraction pattern as follows: |
which comprises dissolving 7.beta.-[(Z)-2-(2-aminothiazol-4-yl)-4-carboxybut-2-enoylamino]-3-cephem-4 -carboxylic acid in aqueous acid, raising the pH of the solution to about 1.5 to 5 at about room temperature to form crystals, separating the wet crystals and drying the crystals until the first inflection point of the time versus outlet air temperature curve or the time versus outlet air humidity curve is reached to give the trihydrate or until the second inflection point of the same to give the dihydrate.
2. A process as claimed in claim 1 wherein the drying is carried out by stationary, through flow, circulation, or fluidized bed drying in an inert gas at relative humidity of not lower than 15% at 0.degree. to 60.degree. C.
3. A process as claimed in claim 1 wherein the drying is carried out with a through flow dryer using air of relative humidity 50 to 60% at 25.degree. to 40.degree. C.
4. A process as claimed in claim 1 wherein the drying is carried out with a fluidized bed dryer using air of relative humidity 50% to 60% at 10.degree. to 35.degree. C.
5. A process as claimed in claim 1 wherein the wet crystals are prepared by raising pH of an aqueous acid solution of the compound for crystallization and by ripening of crystals.
6. A process as claimed in claim 5 wherein concentration of the starting material in the aqueous acid solution is between 2.0 and 15.0%.
7. A process as claimed in claim 5 wherein the raising pH of the aqueous acid solution is effected with triethylamine, ammonium hydroxide, sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, sodium carbonate, potassium carbonate, sodium hydrogen carbonate, potassium hydrogen carbonate, or anion exchange resins or by dilution with water.
8. A process as claimed in claim 5 wherein the ripening of crystals is continued for 10 minutes to 50 hours at 0.degree. to 70.degree. C.