Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Pharmaceutical Compositions containing nedocromil sodium|
|Abstract:||There are described new forms of nedocromil sodium, methods of producing these new forms and pharmaceutical formulations, especially pressurized inhalation aerosol formulations, containing finely divided nedocromil sodium. The formulations are indicated for the treatment of reversible obstructive conditions of the airways.|
|Inventor(s):||Brown; Kenneth (Loughborough, GB2), Clark; Andrew R. (Loughborough, GB2), Salliss; Richard (Holmes Chapel, GB2)|
|Assignee:||Fisons plc (Leicestershire, GB2)|
|Filing Date:||Oct 16, 1987|
|Claims:||1. An inhalation pharmaceutical formulation containing a therapeutically effective proportion of finely divided nedocromil sodium, which nedocromil sodium contains bound water, and a pharmaceutically acceptable liquefied gas aerosol propellant. |
2. A formulation according to claim 1, wherein the nedocromil sodium has a mass median diameter of less than 4 microns.
3. A formulation according to claim 2, wherein not more than 5% by weight of the particles has a diameter of greater than 10 microns and not less than 90% by weight of the particles has a diameter of less than 6 microns.
4. A formulation according to claim 1, containing from 0.5 to 10% by weight of finely divided nedocromil sodium.
5. A formulation according to claim 1 comprising a mixture of propellants 12 and 114, the proportion of propellant 12 to 114 being in the range 2 to 1:1 by weight.
6. A formulation according to claim 5 containing sorbitan trioleate.
7. A process for the preparation of solid nedocromil sodium containing found water, which comprises mixing an aqueous solution of nedocromil sodium with a water miscible precipitating solvent for the nedocromil sodium the ratio of nedocromil sodium to water to precipitating solvent being in the range 1 part by weight of nedocromil sodium from 2 to 5 parts by volume of water: from 10 to 25 parts by volume of precipitating solvent.
8. A method of producing solid nedocromil sodium containing bound water which comprises subjecting nedocromil sodium of form B, as herein before defined, to a high humidity and subsequently removing any excess water.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.