Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||An antibacterial 7beta-(carboxyalkenoyl)amino-3-cephem-4-carboxylic acid represented by the following formula: ##STR1## (wherein R is aryl or a heterocyclic group; R.sup.1 is hydrogen or halogen; R.sup.2 is a single bond, alkylene, or thiaalkylene; R.sup.3 is a hydrogen atom or carboxy modifying group; R.sup.4 is hydrogen or methoxy; R.sup.5 is hydrogen or a 3-substituent of cephalosporins; R.sup.6 is a hydrogen atom or carboxy modifying group; and X is oxygen, sulfur, or sulfinyl) a pharmaceutical composition containing the same, and a method for treating a bacterial infection with the same.|
|Inventor(s):||Hamashima; Yoshio (Kyoto, JP)|
|Assignee:||Shionogi & Co., Ltd. (Osaka, JP)|
|Filing Date:||Dec 09, 1987|
|Claims:||1. A compound of the formula ##STR98## wherein R is aminothiazolyl or aminothiadiazolyl where the amino group of each is protected or unprotected, |
R.sup.1 is hydrogen or halogen,
R.sup.2 is lower alkylene,
R.sup.3 is (a) hydrogen, (b) a member selected from the group consisting of lithium, sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium and magnesium, (c) alkenyl having 2-7 carbon atoms or (d) aralkyl having 7 to 15 carbon atoms, and
R.sup.6 is (a) hydrogen, (b) a member selected from the group consisting of lithium, sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium and magnesium, (c) alkyl of 1 to 8 carbon atoms, (d) aralkyl of 7 to 15 carbon atoms, (e) aryl of 6 to 12 carbon atoms, (f) silyl of 3 to 12 carbon atoms or (g) alkenyl of 2 to 7 carbon atoms.
2. A compound claimed in claim 1 wherein R is aminothiazolyl, optionally protected by benzyloxycarbonyl, t-butoxycarbonyl, methylbenzyloxycarbonyl formyl, chloroacetyl, or benzal.
3. A compound as claimed in claim 1 wherein R.sup.1 is hydrogen.
4. A compound as claimed in claim 1 wherein R.sup.2 is straight or blanched chain alkylene of 1 to 3 carbon atoms.
5. A compound as claimed in claim 4 wherein R.sup.2 is methylene.
6. A compound as claimed in claim 1 wherein R.sup.3 is hydrogen, benzyl, methylbenzyl, p-methoxybenzyl or p-nitrobenzyl.
7. a compound as claimed in claim 1 wherein R.sup.6 is hydrogen, diphenylmethyl or p-methoxybenzyl.
8. A compound according to claim 1, said compound being 2-(2-benzyloxycarbonylamino-thiazol-4-yl)-4-benzyloxycarbonyl-2-butenoic acid.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.