|Abstract:||An antibacterial 7beta-(carboxyalkenoyl)amino-3-cephem-4-carboxylic acid represented by the following formula: ##STR1## (wherein R is aryl or a heterocyclic group; R.sup.1 is hydrogen or halogen; R.sup.2 is a single bond, alkylene, or thiaalkylene; R.sup.3 is a hydrogen atom or carboxy modifying group; R.sup.4 is hydrogen or methoxy; R.sup.5 is hydrogen or a 3-substituent of cephalosporins; R.sup.6 is a hydrogen atom or carboxy modifying group; and X is oxygen, sulfur, or sulfinyl) a pharmaceutical composition containing the same, and a method for treating a bacterial infection with the same.|
|Inventor(s):||Hamashima; Yoshio (Kyoto, JP)|
|Assignee:||Shionogi & Co., Ltd. (Osaka, JP)|
|Filing Date:||Dec 09, 1987|
|Claims:||1. A compound of the formula ##STR98## wherein R is aminothiazolyl or aminothiadiazolyl where the amino group of each is protected or unprotected, |
R.sup.1 is hydrogen or halogen,
R.sup.2 is lower alkylene,
R.sup.3 is (a) hydrogen, (b) a member selected from the group consisting of lithium, sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium and magnesium, (c) alkenyl having 2-7 carbon atoms or (d) aralkyl having 7 to 15 carbon atoms, and
R.sup.6 is (a) hydrogen, (b) a member selected from the group consisting of lithium, sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium and magnesium, (c) alkyl of 1 to 8 carbon atoms, (d) aralkyl of 7 to 15 carbon atoms, (e) aryl of 6 to 12 carbon atoms, (f) silyl of 3 to 12 carbon atoms or (g) alkenyl of 2 to 7 carbon atoms.
2. A compound claimed in claim 1 wherein R is aminothiazolyl, optionally protected by benzyloxycarbonyl, t-butoxycarbonyl, methylbenzyloxycarbonyl formyl, chloroacetyl, or benzal.
3. A compound as claimed in claim 1 wherein R.sup.1 is hydrogen.
4. A compound as claimed in claim 1 wherein R.sup.2 is straight or blanched chain alkylene of 1 to 3 carbon atoms.
5. A compound as claimed in claim 4 wherein R.sup.2 is methylene.
6. A compound as claimed in claim 1 wherein R.sup.3 is hydrogen, benzyl, methylbenzyl, p-methoxybenzyl or p-nitrobenzyl.
7. a compound as claimed in claim 1 wherein R.sup.6 is hydrogen, diphenylmethyl or p-methoxybenzyl.
8. A compound according to claim 1, said compound being 2-(2-benzyloxycarbonylamino-thiazol-4-yl)-4-benzyloxycarbonyl-2-butenoic acid.