Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||Treatment of susceptible gram-negative infections in animals is disclosed using the compound 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine or a pharmaceutically acceptable basic salt thereof. Also disclosed is the use of the 5'-mono-, di- and triphosphate of 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine or a pharmaceutically acceptable basic salt thereof for the same purpose.|
|Inventor(s):||Beacham, III; Lowrie M. (Durham, NC), LeBlanc; Harry S. (Raleigh, NC), Freeman; George A. (Cary, NC)|
|Assignee:||Burroughs Wellcome Co. (Research Triangle Park, NC)|
|Filing Date:||Dec 02, 1988|
|Claims:||1. A method of treating a susceptible gram-negative bacteria infection in an animal having a susceptible gram-negative bacteria infection comprising administering to said animal an effective gram-negative bacteria infection treatment amount of 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine or a pharmaceutically acceptable alkali metal, alkaline earth or ammonium salt thereof. |
2. The method of claim 1 which comprises administering 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine to said animal.
3. The method of claim 2 in which the animal is a human and the compound is orally or parenterally administered.
4. The method of claim 1 which comprises administering the sodium salt of 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine to said animal.
5. The method of claim 4 in which the animal is a human and the salt is orally or parenterally administered.
6. The method of claim 1 in which the animal is a human and the compound or salt is orally or parenterally administrated.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.