Generated: April 25, 2017
|Title:||Short chained oligosaccharides having biological properties, a process for making the same and the use thereof as drugs|
|Abstract:||Short chained ligosaccharides of high structural homogeneity constituted essentially by hexasaccharides of the formula: ##STR1## in which R represents a hydrogen atom or the --SO.sub.3.sup.31 group. These hexasaccharides have a highly selective activity on certain steps in blood coagulation and are useful as anti-thrombotic medicaments.|
|Inventor(s):||Lormeau; Jean-Claude (Maromme La Maine, FR), Choay; Jean (Paris, FR), Petitou; Maurice (Paris, FR)|
|Assignee:||Choay S.A. (Paris, FR)|
|Filing Date:||Mar 21, 1986|
|Claims:||1. The hexasaccharide fraction consisting essentially of ##STR4## wherein R is hydrogen or SO.sub.3 and the physiologically acceptable salts thereof. |
2. The hexasaccharide fraction of claim 1 wherein at least one of the R substituents is an --SO.sub.3 group.
3. The hexasaccharide fraction of claim 1 wherein at least one of the R substituents is hydrogen.
4. The hexasaccharide fraction of claim 1 wherein the salts are selected from the group consisting of sodium, calcium and magnesium.
5. An antithrombotic composition which has improved antithrombotic activity as compared to heparin and improved specificity with respect to the activated Xa factor of blood as measured by the Yin-Wessler test as compared to heparin and having a lower activity on total coagulation than heparin as measured by the USP or APTT test, which composition comprises a biologically acceptable carrier and an antithrombotically effective amount of the hexasaccharide fraction of claim 4, 1, 2 or 3.
6. The antithrombotic composition of claim 5 which has a Yin-Wessler titer higher than 2,000 u/mg.
7. The antithrombotic composition of claim 6 wherein the Yin-Wessler titer is higher than 2,500 u/mg.
8. The antithrombotic composition of claim 5 wherein the APTT or USP titer is about 10.
9. The antithrombotic composition of claim 5 in which the Yin-Wessler and USP and APTT titers are in the ratio of about 200.
10. The antithrombotic composition of claim 9 in which the Yin-Wessler and USP and APTT titers are in the ratio of about 250.
11. The antithrombotic composition of claim 5 which is an injectable liquid having a Yin-Wessler activity from about 1000 to 100,000 units per ml of hexasaccharide.
12. The antithrombotic composition of claim 11 wherein the activity of the solution is within the following two ranges: 5,000 to 50,000 and 500 to 10,000 units per ml.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.