Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Process for the treatment of hyperpigmentary dermatoses including malignant melanomas|
|Abstract:||There is disclosed a composition for the treatment of acne, hyperpigmentary dermatoses or skin hyperpigmentation which contains dicarboxylic acids containing 7 to 13 carbon atoms or certain derivatives thereof that contain reducing functional group or a salt thereof. There are also disclosed methods for preparing mercapto derivatives of these discarboxylic acids.|
|Inventor(s):||Nazzaro-Porro; Marcella (Rome, IT)|
|Assignee:||Schering AG (Berlin, DE)|
|Filing Date:||Jan 29, 1982|
|Claims:||1. A method for the treatment of individuals exhibiting a malignant melanoma or a circumscribed precancerous melanosis of Dubreuihl condition which comprises administering to said individual a therapeutically effective amount of at least one dicarboxylic acid selected from the group consisting of azelaic acid and dodecandioic acid, in a phramaceutically acceptable carrier until said condition is reduced or its further development is arrested. |
2. A method as defined in claim 1, wherein said acid is azelaic acid.
3. A method as defined in claim 2 wherein said individual exhibits a malignant melanoma condition.
4. A method as defined in claim 2 wherein said individual exhibits a circumscribed pre-cancerous melanosis of Dubreuilh condition.
5. A method as defined in claim 1 wherein said acid is dodecandioic acid.
6. A method as defined in claim 5 wherein said individual exhibits a malignant melanoma condition.
7. A method as defined in claim 5 wherein said individual exhibits a circumscribed pre-cancerous melanosis of Dubreuilh condition.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.