Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
|Title:||Process for the treatment of hyperpigmentary dermatoses including malignant melanomas|
|Abstract:||There is disclosed a composition for the treatment of acne, hyperpigmentary dermatoses or skin hyperpigmentation which contains dicarboxylic acids containing 7 to 13 carbon atoms or certain derivatives thereof that contain reducing functional group or a salt thereof. There are also disclosed methods for preparing mercapto derivatives of these discarboxylic acids.|
|Inventor(s):||Nazzaro-Porro; Marcella (Rome, IT)|
|Assignee:||Schering AG (Berlin, DE)|
|Filing Date:||Jan 29, 1982|
|Claims:||1. A method for the treatment of individuals exhibiting a malignant melanoma or a circumscribed precancerous melanosis of Dubreuihl condition which comprises administering to said individual a therapeutically effective amount of at least one dicarboxylic acid selected from the group consisting of azelaic acid and dodecandioic acid, in a phramaceutically acceptable carrier until said condition is reduced or its further development is arrested. |
2. A method as defined in claim 1, wherein said acid is azelaic acid.
3. A method as defined in claim 2 wherein said individual exhibits a malignant melanoma condition.
4. A method as defined in claim 2 wherein said individual exhibits a circumscribed pre-cancerous melanosis of Dubreuilh condition.
5. A method as defined in claim 1 wherein said acid is dodecandioic acid.
6. A method as defined in claim 5 wherein said individual exhibits a malignant melanoma condition.
7. A method as defined in claim 5 wherein said individual exhibits a circumscribed pre-cancerous melanosis of Dubreuilh condition.