Generated: April 27, 2017
|Title:||Carboxyalkyl dipeptides and anti-hypertensive use thereof|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to carboxyalkyl dipeptides which are inhibitors of angiotensin-converting enzyme and are useful as antihypertensive agents and in the treatment of congestive heart failure. The compounds of the present invention are compounds of the formulae ##STR1## and the pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof, wherein R and R.sup.6 are the same or different and are hydroxy or lower alkoxy; R.sup.1 is benzyloxylower alkyl or benzylthiolower alkyl; R.sup.2 is benzylthiomethyl, 2-phenylethylthiomethyl, naphthylmethylthiomethyl, methylbenzylthiomethyl; 2-(carboxyphenyl)ethyl or 2-(alkoxycarbonylphenyl)ethyl; and R.sup.3 is hydrogen, lower alkyl or aminolower alkyl.|
|Inventor(s):||Gold; Elijah H. (West Orange, NJ), Neustadt; Bernard R. (West Orange, NJ), Smith; Elizabeth M. (Verona, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Schering Corporation (Kenilworth, NJ)|
|Filing Date:||Mar 23, 1987|
|Claims:||1. A compound represented by the formula ##STR12## and the pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof, wherein R and R.sup.6 are the same or different and are hydroxy or lower alkoxy; |
R.sup.1 is benzyloxylower alkyl or benzylthiolower alkyl; and
R.sup.3 is hydrogen, lower alkyl or aminolower alkyl.
2. A compound of claim 1 wherein R is lower alkoxy.
3. A compound of claim 1 wherein R is ethoxy.
4. A compound of claim 1 wherein R.sup.6 is hydroxy.
5. A compound of claim 1 wherein R.sup.3 is lower alkyl.
6. A compound of claim 1 wherein R.sup.3 is methyl.
7. A compound of claim 1 wherein R.sup.1 is benzyloxymethyl.
8. A compound of claim 1 wherein R.sup.1 is benzylthiomethyl.
9. A compound of claim 1 wherein R is lower alkoxy, R.sup.6 is hydroxy, R.sup.3 is lower alkyl, and R.sup.1 is benzyloxymethyl or benzylthiomethyl.
10. A compound of claim 9 wherein R is ethoxy and R.sup.3 is methyl.
11. A compound of claim 10 which is N-(1(R)-ethoxycarbonyl-2-benzylthioethyl)-(R,S)-alanyl-(S)-proline.
12. A compound of claim 10 which is N-(1(S)-ethoxycarbonyl-2-benzyloxyethyl)-R,S)-alanyl-(S)-proline.
13. An antihypertensive pharmaceutical composition comprising an antihypertensive effective amount of a compound of claim 1, together with a phartmaceutically acceptable carrier.
14. A method for reducing blood pressure in a hypertensive mammal which comprises administering to such a mammal a composition of claim 13.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.