Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Bioadhesive composition and method of treatment therewith|
|Abstract:||A controlled release treatment composition and method of use are disclosed. The composition includes a bioadhesive and an effective amount of a treating agent. The bioadhesive is a water-swellable, but water-insoluble, fibrous, cross-linked carboxy-functional polymer containing (a) a plurality of repeating units of which at least about 80 percent contain at least one carboxyl functionality, and (b) about 0.05 to about 1.5 percent cross-linking agent substantially free from polyalkenyl polyether.|
|Inventor(s):||Robinson; Joseph R. (Madison, WI)|
|Assignee:||Bio-Mimetics, Inc. (Lexington, MA)|
|Filing Date:||Sep 22, 1986|
|Claims:||1. A controlled release treatment composition including a bioadhesive and an effective amount of fluorometholone, said bioadhesive comprising a water-swellable, but water-insoluble, fibrous, cross-linked carboxy-functional polymer, said polymer sized to pass through a 100 mesh sieve screen, U.S. Standard Sieve Series, and containing (a) a plurality of repeating units of which at least about 80 percent contain at least one carboxyl functionality, provided by polymerized acrylic acid or methacrylic acid and (b) about 0.05 to about 1.5 percent cross-linking agent substantially free from polyalkenyl polyether, said percentages being based upon the weights of unpolymerized repeating unit and cross-linking agent, respectively. |
2. The controlled release composition of claim 1 wherein said bioadhesive and said flurometholone are intimately admixed.
3. The controlled release composition of claim 2 wherein said flurometholone is present as a saturated solute in a physiologically acceptable aqueous carrier.
4. The controlled release composition of claim 1 wherein said carboxyl functionality is provided by polymerized acrylic acid.
5. The controlled release composition of claim 4 wherein at about 90 percent of said repeating are polymerized acrylic acid.
6. The controlled release composition of claim 4 wherein said bioadhesive is a reaction product of the polymerization of acrylic acid and said cross-linking agent.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.