Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Benzofuran 2-carboxylic acid esters useful as inhibitors of leukotriene biosynthesis|
|Abstract:||Compounds of the Formula I: ##STR1## and pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof are inhibitors of leukotriene biosynthesis. These compounds inhibit the mammalian 5-lipoxygenase enzyme, thus preventing the metabolism of arachidonic acid to the leukotrienes. These compounds are thus useful in the treatment of asthma, allergic disorders, inflammation, skin diseases and certain cardiovascular disorders.|
|Inventor(s):||Atkinson; Joseph G. (Montreal, CA), Guindon; Yvan (Ile Bizard, CA), Lau; Cheuk K. (Pierrefonds, CA)|
|Assignee:||Merck Frosst Canada, Inc. (Quebec, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Apr 19, 1985|
|Claims:||1. A compound of Formula I: ##STR149## wherein the compound is selected from the following group: |
2. A compound of claim 1 which is: 172, 231, 288, 366, or 367.
3. A compound of claim 1 which is: 231, 288, 366, or 367.
4. A method of inhibiting mammalian leukotriene biosynthesis or action which comprises administering to a mammal a pharmaceutically effective amount of a compound of claim 1.
5. A method of inhibiting human leukotriene biosynthesis or action which comprises administering to a human a pharmaceutically effective amount of a compound of claim 1.
6. A method of treating pulmonary conditions, inflammation, cardiovascular conditions, or skin conditions which comprises administering to a human in need of such treatment a pharmaceutically effective amount of a compound of claim 1.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.