Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||2,2-dimethyl-3-(2-halovinyl)cyclopropane carboxlic acid ester pesticides|
|Abstract:||New insecticides are of formula: ##STR1## wherein R.sup.1 represents hydrogen or a methyl group; R.sup.2 represents hydrogen or a halogeno or lower alkyl group; R.sup.3 represents hydrogen or a halogeno or carbo(lower alkoxy) group which contains at least 2 carbon atoms in the lower alkoxy residue when R.sup.2 represents methyl; with the proviso that (a) R.sup.2 and R.sup.3 each represent hydrogen only when R.sup.1 represents methyl, (b) when R.sup.1 and R.sup.3 each represent hydrogen and R.sup.2 represents alkyl, that alkyl group contains at least 2 carbon atoms and (c) when R.sup.3 represents halogeno, R.sup.2 represents hydrogen or halogeno; and R represents a group which forms insecticidal esters with chrysanthemic acid e.g. 5-benzyl-3-furylmethyl, 3-phenoxybenzyl, .alpha.-cyano-3-phenoxybenzyl. The esters are prepared by forming the ester linkage conventionally or by a Wittig reaction using a 3-formyl- or 3-acetyl-2,2-dimethyl cyclopropane carboxylic acid esterified with the desired residue or by an alkyl group which is subsequently converted to the desired residue.|
|Inventor(s):||Elliott; Michael (Hertfordshire, GB2), Janes; Norman F. (Bedfordshire, GB2), Pulman; David A. (Hertfordshire, GB2)|
|Assignee:||National Research Development Corporation (London, GB2)|
|Filing Date:||May 22, 1984|
|Claims:||1. A compound of the general formula II: ##STR18## wherein: R.sup.1 represents hydrogen; |
R.sup.2 represents halogeno;
R.sup.3 represents hydrogen;
R represents a group of formula: ##STR19## wherein: Z represents CH.sub.2 ;
Y represents an aryl group which is unsubstituted or substituted in the ring by at least one lower alkyl group;
R.sup.7 and R.sup.8 each represent hydrogen or a lower alkyl group;
D represents H or CN;
Z.sup.3 represents 0, CH.sub.2 or CO;
Z.sup.1 and Z.sup.2 independently represent chlorine or a methyl group;
n=0, 1 or 2.
2. A compound according to claim 1 wherein R represents:
(a) a 3-furylmethyl group of formula III wherein R.sup.7 and R.sup.8 each represent hydrogen or a methyl group, and Y represents a phenyl group which is unsubstituted or substituted in the ring by a methyl group;
(b) a substituted benzyl group of formula IV where Z.sup.1 and Z.sup.2 each represent hydrogen and Z.sup.3 represents 0 or CH.sub.2.
3. A compound according to claim 1 wherein the hydrogen atoms at C.sub.1 and C.sub.3 on the cyclopropane ring are substantially completely in the trans configuration or in the cis configuration.
4. An optically active compound according to claim 3 in the form of a (1R)cis isomer or a (1R)trans isomer.
5. A compound according to claim 1 in the form of a (1RS)-cis trans isomer mixture.
6. A compound according to claim 1 wherein the R.sup.2 halogen is chlorine or bromine.
7. A compound according to claim 1 wherein R is 5-benzyl-3-furylmethyl or 3-phenoxy-benzyl.
8. A compound according to claim 1 which is the 5-benzyl-3-furylmethyl ester of 2,2-dimethyl-3-(2-chloro-vinyl)cyclopropane carboxylic acid.
9. A pesticidal composition comprising a pesticidally effective amount of a compound according to claim 1 together with a diluent or carrier.
10. A composition according to claim 9 including a pyrethrin synergist.
11. A composition according to claim 9 including natural pyrethrin or a component thereof or another synthetic pyrethroid.
12. A method of pest control which comprises applying to a pest or an environment susceptible to pest attack a pesticidally effective amount of a compound according to claim 1.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.