Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Disaccharides having a glucosamine and uronic acid structure, and biological applications thereof|
|Abstract:||1,4 .alpha. disaccharides of formula: ##STR1## with Z representing a nitrogenous functional group, M hydrogen or a sulphate or acetyl group, R an alkyl radical of 1 to 4 carbon atoms and A a functional group such as an acid group, or a derivative.|
|Inventor(s):||Petitou; Maurice (Paris, FR), Sinay; Pierre (Orleans, FR), Choay; Jean (Paris, FR), Lormeau; Jean-Claude (Maromme, FR)|
|Assignee:||Choay S.A. (Paris, FR)|
|Filing Date:||Dec 20, 1982|
|Claims:||1. A disaccharide of the formula ##STR8## wherein M is hydrogen, --SO.sub.3 Na or acetyl; Z is --SO.sub.3 Na or acetyl and R.sub.1 is hydrogen, methyl or sodium. |
2. The disaccharide of claim 1 wherein M is --SO.sub.3 Na and R.sub.1 is sodium.
3. The disaccharide of claim 1 wherein Z is --SO.sub.3 Na, M is --SO.sub.3 Na and R.sub.1 is Na.
4. A disaccharide of the formula ##STR9## wherein Z is --N.sub.3, --NH.sub.2, --NHCOCH.sub.3 or --NHSO.sub.3 M.sub.2 ;
R is alkyl from 1 to 4 carbons or aryl from 6 to 7 carbons;
R.sub.1 is hydrogen, alkyl from 1 to 4 carbons or a metal;
R.sub.2 is hydrogen or benzyl;
M is hydrogen, acetyl or --SO.sub.3 M.sub.1 ; and
M.sub.1 and M.sub.2 may be the same or different and are an alkali metal cation.
5. The compound of claim 4 wherein M is hydrogen, --SO.sub.3 Na, or acetyl, Z is --N.sub.3, R.sub.2 is benzyl, and R and R.sub.1 are methyl.
6. The compound of claim 4 wherein M is --SO.sub.3 Na, Z is --NH.sub.2, R.sub.2 is hydrogen and R and R.sub.1 are methyl.
7. The compound of claim 4 wherein M is --SO.sub.3 Na, Z is --NHCOCH.sub.3 or --NHSO.sub.3 Na, R is methyl, R.sub.1 is methyl or sodium and R.sub.2 is hydrogen.
8. The compound of claim 7 wherein Z is --NHCOCH.sub.3 and R.sub.1 is methyl.
9. The compound of claim 7 wherein Z is --NHCOCH.sub.3 and R.sub.1 is sodium.
10. The compound of claim 7 wherein Z is --NHSO.sub.3 Na and R.sub.1 is methyl.
11. A biological composition which comprises a biologically acceptable carrier and in a therapeutically effective amount, a disaccharide of claims 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10.
12. A therapeutic method for controlling thrombosis in a patient which comprises administering to said patient the therapeutic composition of claim 11 and thereby controlling thrombosis.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.