Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
|Title:||Disaccharides having a glucosamine and uronic acid structure, and biological applications thereof|
|Abstract:||1,4 .alpha. disaccharides of formula: ##STR1## with Z representing a nitrogenous functional group, M hydrogen or a sulphate or acetyl group, R an alkyl radical of 1 to 4 carbon atoms and A a functional group such as an acid group, or a derivative.|
|Inventor(s):||Petitou; Maurice (Paris, FR), Sinay; Pierre (Orleans, FR), Choay; Jean (Paris, FR), Lormeau; Jean-Claude (Maromme, FR)|
|Assignee:||Choay S.A. (Paris, FR)|
|Filing Date:||Dec 20, 1982|
|Claims:||1. A disaccharide of the formula ##STR8## wherein M is hydrogen, --SO.sub.3 Na or acetyl; Z is --SO.sub.3 Na or acetyl and R.sub.1 is hydrogen, methyl or sodium. |
2. The disaccharide of claim 1 wherein M is --SO.sub.3 Na and R.sub.1 is sodium.
3. The disaccharide of claim 1 wherein Z is --SO.sub.3 Na, M is --SO.sub.3 Na and R.sub.1 is Na.
4. A disaccharide of the formula ##STR9## wherein Z is --N.sub.3, --NH.sub.2, --NHCOCH.sub.3 or --NHSO.sub.3 M.sub.2 ;
R is alkyl from 1 to 4 carbons or aryl from 6 to 7 carbons;
R.sub.1 is hydrogen, alkyl from 1 to 4 carbons or a metal;
R.sub.2 is hydrogen or benzyl;
M is hydrogen, acetyl or --SO.sub.3 M.sub.1 ; and
M.sub.1 and M.sub.2 may be the same or different and are an alkali metal cation.
5. The compound of claim 4 wherein M is hydrogen, --SO.sub.3 Na, or acetyl, Z is --N.sub.3, R.sub.2 is benzyl, and R and R.sub.1 are methyl.
6. The compound of claim 4 wherein M is --SO.sub.3 Na, Z is --NH.sub.2, R.sub.2 is hydrogen and R and R.sub.1 are methyl.
7. The compound of claim 4 wherein M is --SO.sub.3 Na, Z is --NHCOCH.sub.3 or --NHSO.sub.3 Na, R is methyl, R.sub.1 is methyl or sodium and R.sub.2 is hydrogen.
8. The compound of claim 7 wherein Z is --NHCOCH.sub.3 and R.sub.1 is methyl.
9. The compound of claim 7 wherein Z is --NHCOCH.sub.3 and R.sub.1 is sodium.
10. The compound of claim 7 wherein Z is --NHSO.sub.3 Na and R.sub.1 is methyl.
11. A biological composition which comprises a biologically acceptable carrier and in a therapeutically effective amount, a disaccharide of claims 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10.
12. A therapeutic method for controlling thrombosis in a patient which comprises administering to said patient the therapeutic composition of claim 11 and thereby controlling thrombosis.