Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Pharmaceutical methods using 4-aminoalkyl-2(3H)-indolones|
|Abstract:||A series of pharmaceutical compositions which contain 4-aminoalkyl-2(3H)-indolones has been demonstrated to have D.sub.2 -agonist activity useful for treating congestive heart failure and hypertension. A representative ingredient of the compositions is 4-di-n-propylaminoethyl-2(3H)-indolone or a salt thereof.|
|Inventor(s):||Gallagher, Jr.; Gregory (Jeffersonville, PA)|
|Assignee:||SmithKline Beckman Corporation (Philadelphia, PA)|
|Filing Date:||Apr 05, 1984|
|Claims:||1. The method of treating hypertension, angina pectoris, congestive heart failure or kidney dysfunction by inducing D.sub.2 -receptor agonist activity comprising administering orally, rectally or parenterally to a patient subject to one of these abnormal conditions a nontoxic, active therefor quantity of a compound of the structural formula; ##STR4## in which: R is, each, hydrogen, lower alkyl, benzyl, allyl, phenethyl or 4-hydroxyphenethyl; |
R.sup.1, R.sup.2 and R.sup.3 are each hydrogen or C.sub.1-4 -lower alkyl; and
n is 1, 2 or 3; or a pharmaceutically acceptable acid addition salt thereof, in dosage unit form, combined with a pharmaceutical carrier.
2. The method of claim 1 in which the compound is 4-(2-di-n-propylaminoethyl)-2(3H)-indolone or a pharmaceutically active acid addition salt thereof.
3. The method of claim 1 in which the compound is 4-(2-di-n-propylaminoethyl)-2(3H)-indolone hydrochloride.
4. The method of claim 8 in which the compound is 4-[N-n-propyl-N-(4-hydroxyphenethyl)-2-aminoethyl]-2-(3H)-indolone or a pharmaceutically acceptable, acid addition salt thereof.
5. The method of claim 1 in which the compound is administered orally or parenterally from 1 to 5 times daily in the form of a dosage unit containing a quantity of the compound selected from the range of 50-500 mg.
6. The method of claim 5 in which a quantity selected from 75-250 mg per dosage unit is administered from 1-5 times daily.
7. The method of claim 1 in which R.sup.1, R.sup.2 and R.sup.3 are each hydrogen.
8. The method of claim 6 in which the patient is hypertensive.
9. The method of claim 6 in which the patient has angina pectoris.
10. The method of claim 6 in which the patient has the symptoms of congestive heart failure.
11. 4-[N-n-Propyl-N-(4-hydroxyphenethyl)-2-aminoethyl]-2(3H)-indolone or a pharmaceutically acceptable, acid addition salt thereof.
12. The compound of claim 11 as the hydrochloride salt.
13. The compound of claim 11 as the methanesulfonic acid salt.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.