Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Dosimetry system for strontium-rubidium infusion pump|
|Abstract:||The dosimetry system used with a strontium-rubidium infusion system is a very high speed circuit capable of measuring the radioactive dosage infused into a patient in real time. The dosimetry system is capable of receiving very short duration input pulses generated by a photomultiplier tube in response to the presence of radioactivity.|
|Inventor(s):||Bergner; Brian C. (Lawrenceville, NJ)|
|Assignee:||E. R. Squibb & Sons, Inc. (Princeton, NJ)|
|Filing Date:||Feb 28, 1983|
|Claims:||1. A dosimetry system for a strontium-rubidium generator comprising: |
(a) a photomultiplier tube, having a face through which input signals in the form of light are received;
(b) a plastic scintillator mounted on said face;
(c) means for reflecting back into said tube any light which scintillates from the plastic scintillator;
(d) means for preventing stray light from striking said plastic scintillator; and
(e) a single channel analyzer electrically connected to said photomultipler tube for receiving pulses from said photomultiplier tube, said single channel analyzer comprising a very high speed comparator which receives input pulses from said photomultipler tube including means for analyzing input pulses having pulse widths of significantly less than 50 nanoseconds.
2. The dosimetry system of claim 1 further comprising means for reducing the pulse repetition rate of said input pulses.
3. The dosimetry system of claim 2 wherein said means for reducing the pulse repetition rate of said input pulses comprises a programmable divide-by-N circuit capable of receiving a very high pulse repetition rate and bringing the pulse repetition rate down into any desirable range.
4. The dosimetry system of claim 3 wherein said means for analyzing input pulses having pulse widths of significantly less than 50 nanoseconds is comprised of a one-shot circuit.
5. The dosimetry system of claim 4 wherein said one-shot circuit is comprised of an emitter coupled logic flip-flop which can accept input pulses having pulse widths of significantly less than 50 nanoseconds.
6. The dosimetry system of claim 1 wherein said means for analyzing generates an output comprising output pulses and further comprising means for converting the output pulses of said means for analyzing into a measure of radioactivity.
7. The dosimetry system of claim 6 wherein said means for converting the output pulses into a measure of radioactivity comprises a Multiplier-Divider circuit which accepts said output pulses and multiplies them by a number corresponding to the eluate Flow Rate divided by a constant, K, in order to carry out the formula: ##EQU5## Where, A=total acitvity (in milliCuries);
N=net counts (from Single Channel Analyzer);
F=Flow Rate; and
K=the calibration factor.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.