Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
|Abstract:||New insecticides are of formula: ##STR1## wherein R.sup.1 represents hydrogen or a methyl group; R.sup.2 represents hydrogen or a halogeno or lower alkyl group; R.sup.3 represents hydrogen or a halogeno or carbo(lower alkoxy) group which contains at least 2 carbon atoms in the lower alkoxy residue when R.sup.2 represents methyl; with the proviso that (a) R.sup.2 and R.sup.3 each represent hydrogen only when R.sup.1 represents methyl, (b) when R.sup.1 and R.sup.3 each represent hydrogen and R.sup.2 represents alkyl, that alkyl group contains at least 2 carbon atoms and (c) when R.sup.3 represents halogeno, R.sup.2 represents hydrogen or halogeno; and R represents a group which forms insecticidal esters with chrysanthemic acid e.g. 5-benzyl-3-furylmethyl, 3-phenoxybenzyl, .alpha.-cyano-3-phenoxybenzyl. The esters are prepared by forming the ester linkage conventionally or by a Wittig reaction using a 3-formyl- or 3-acetyl-2,2-dimethyl cyclopropane carboxylic acid esterified with the desired residue or by an alkyl group which is subsequently converted to the desired residue.|
|Inventor(s):||Elliott; Michael (Stevenage, GB2), Janes; Norman F. (Luton, GB2), Pulman; David A. (Harpenden, GB2)|
|Assignee:||National Research Development Corporation (London, GB2)|
|Filing Date:||Jul 28, 1980|
|Claims:||1. A compound of the general formula: ##STR18## wherein R.sup.1 represents hydrogen, R.sup.2 represents hydrogen or halogeno, R.sup.3 represents halogeno and R represents a group of formula: ##STR19## wherein D represents H, CN or C.tbd.CH, Z.sup.3 represents 0, Z.sup.1 and Z.sup.2 independently represents chlorine or methyl and n=0, 1 or 2, there being at least one up to three chloro and/or methyl substituents present. |
2. A compound according to claim 1 wherein R.sup.2 and R.sup.3 independently represent fluorine, chlorine or bromine.
3. A compound according to claim 1 wherein at least one of R.sup.2 and R.sup.3 is fluorine, chlorine or bromine and R.sup.1 is hydrogen.
4. A compound according to claim 1 wherein the hydrogen atoms at C.sub.1 and C.sub.3 on the cyclopropane ring are substantially completely in the trans configuration or in the cis configuration.
5. An optically active compound according to claim 4 in the form of a (1R)cis isomer or a (1R)trans isomer.
6. A compound according to claim 1 in the form of a (1RS)-cis,trans isomer mixture.
7. A pesticidal composition comprising a compound according to claim 1 together with a diluent or carrier.
8. A composition according to claim 7 including a pyrethrin synergist.
9. A composition according to claim 7 including natural pyrethrin or a component thereof or another synthetic pyrethroid.
10. A method of pest control which comprises applying to a pest or an environment susceptible to pest attack a compound according to claim 1.