|Abstract:||New insecticides are of formula: ##STR1## wherein R.sup.1 represents hydrogen or a methyl group; R.sup.2 represents hydrogen or a halogeno or lower alkyl group; R.sup.3 represents hydrogen or a halogeno or carbo(lower alkoxy) group which contains at least 2 carbon atoms in the lower alkoxy residue when R.sup.2 represents methyl; with the proviso that (a) R.sup.2 and R.sup.3 each represent hydrogen only when R.sup.1 represents methyl, (b) when R.sup.1 and R.sup.3 each represent hydrogen and R.sup.2 represents alkyl, that alkyl group contains at least 2 carbon atoms and (c) when R.sup.3 represents halogeno, R.sup.2 represents hydrogen or halogeno; and R represents a group which forms insecticidal esters with chrysanthemic acid e.g. 5-benzyl-3-furylmethyl, 3-phenoxybenzyl, .alpha.-cyano-3-phenoxybenzyl. The esters are prepared by forming the ester linkage conventionally or by a Wittig reaction using a 3-formyl- or 3-acetyl-2,2-dimethyl cyclopropane carboxylic acid esterified with the desired residue or by an alkyl group which is subsequently converted to the desired residue.|
|Inventor(s):||Elliott; Michael (Stevenage, GB2), Janes; Norman F. (Luton, GB2), Pulman; David A. (Harpenden, GB2)|
|Assignee:||National Research Development Corporation (London, GB2)|
|Filing Date:||Jul 28, 1980|
|Claims:||1. A compound of the general formula: ##STR18## wherein R.sup.1 represents hydrogen, R.sup.2 represents hydrogen or halogeno, R.sup.3 represents halogeno and R represents a group of formula: ##STR19## wherein D represents H, CN or C.tbd.CH, Z.sup.3 represents 0, Z.sup.1 and Z.sup.2 independently represents chlorine or methyl and n=0, 1 or 2, there being at least one up to three chloro and/or methyl substituents present. |
2. A compound according to claim 1 wherein R.sup.2 and R.sup.3 independently represent fluorine, chlorine or bromine.
3. A compound according to claim 1 wherein at least one of R.sup.2 and R.sup.3 is fluorine, chlorine or bromine and R.sup.1 is hydrogen.
4. A compound according to claim 1 wherein the hydrogen atoms at C.sub.1 and C.sub.3 on the cyclopropane ring are substantially completely in the trans configuration or in the cis configuration.
5. An optically active compound according to claim 4 in the form of a (1R)cis isomer or a (1R)trans isomer.
6. A compound according to claim 1 in the form of a (1RS)-cis,trans isomer mixture.
7. A pesticidal composition comprising a compound according to claim 1 together with a diluent or carrier.
8. A composition according to claim 7 including a pyrethrin synergist.
9. A composition according to claim 7 including natural pyrethrin or a component thereof or another synthetic pyrethroid.
10. A method of pest control which comprises applying to a pest or an environment susceptible to pest attack a compound according to claim 1.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.