Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Substituted iminoacid derivatives, process for preparing them and their use as enzyme inhibitors|
|Abstract:||Bicyclic imino acids, particularly 2-carboxylic acid derivatives of azabicycloalkanes and process for preparing them. These compounds have therapeutical activity and may be used as medicines, particularly as cardiovascular and antihypertensive drugs in human or veterinary medicine.|
|Inventor(s):||Vincent; Michel (Bagneux, FR), Remond; Georges (Versailles, FR), Laubie; Michel (Vaucresson, FR)|
|Assignee:||Science Union et Cie (Suresnes, FR)|
|Filing Date:||Dec 03, 1980|
|Claims:||1. A compound selected from the group consisting of bicyclic iminoacids of the formula I ##STR6## wherein A, m, and n are selected to provide a perhydroquinoline or perhydroisoquinoline ring system, |
q represents 0 or the number 1 or 2,
R is hydrogen, methyl, or benzyl,
R.sub.1 is hydrogen or lower-alkyl of no more than 5 carbon atoms,
R.sub.2 is hydroxyl or lower-alkoxy of no more than 5 carbon atoms, and
Z is carboxyl, cyano, hydroxyl, sulfhydryl, or amino, in racemic or optically-active form, and pharmaceutically-acceptable addition salts thereof, when R.sub.2 is hydroxy with a mineral or organic base and, when Z is amino, with an acid.
2. 2-[3-Mercapto-2-(RS)-me thylpropionyl]-cis-perhydroisoquinoline-3-carboxylic acid.
4. Pharmaceutical composition, useful for treatment of high blood pressure and cardiac failure, containing as active ingredient a compound of claim 1 in admixture or conjunction with an inert, non-toxic, therapeutically-compatible carrier or vehicle.
5. A pharmaceutical composition as claimed in claim 4 in which the carrier is adapted for oral, parenteral, or rectal administration.
6. A pharmaceutical composition as claimed in claim 4 containing the active principle at the dose of 25 to 250 mg.
7. A method of treating high blood pressure and cardiac failure in a subject, which consists in administering to said subject an effective amount of a compound of claim 1 or a salt thereof together with a therapeutically suitable carrier.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.