DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
|Title:||Substituted iminoacid derivatives, process for preparing them and their use as enzyme inhibitors|
|Abstract:||Bicyclic imino acids, particularly 2-carboxylic acid derivatives of azabicycloalkanes and process for preparing them. These compounds have therapeutical activity and may be used as medicines, particularly as cardiovascular and antihypertensive drugs in human or veterinary medicine.|
|Inventor(s):||Vincent; Michel (Bagneux, FR), Remond; Georges (Versailles, FR), Laubie; Michel (Vaucresson, FR)|
|Assignee:||Science Union et Cie (Suresnes, FR)|
|Filing Date:||Dec 03, 1980|
|Claims:||1. A compound selected from the group consisting of bicyclic iminoacids of the formula I ##STR6## wherein A, m, and n are selected to provide a perhydroquinoline or perhydroisoquinoline ring system, |
q represents 0 or the number 1 or 2,
R is hydrogen, methyl, or benzyl,
R.sub.1 is hydrogen or lower-alkyl of no more than 5 carbon atoms,
R.sub.2 is hydroxyl or lower-alkoxy of no more than 5 carbon atoms, and
Z is carboxyl, cyano, hydroxyl, sulfhydryl, or amino, in racemic or optically-active form, and pharmaceutically-acceptable addition salts thereof, when R.sub.2 is hydroxy with a mineral or organic base and, when Z is amino, with an acid.
2. 2-[3-Mercapto-2-(RS)-me thylpropionyl]-cis-perhydroisoquinoline-3-carboxylic acid.
4. Pharmaceutical composition, useful for treatment of high blood pressure and cardiac failure, containing as active ingredient a compound of claim 1 in admixture or conjunction with an inert, non-toxic, therapeutically-compatible carrier or vehicle.
5. A pharmaceutical composition as claimed in claim 4 in which the carrier is adapted for oral, parenteral, or rectal administration.
6. A pharmaceutical composition as claimed in claim 4 containing the active principle at the dose of 25 to 250 mg.
7. A method of treating high blood pressure and cardiac failure in a subject, which consists in administering to said subject an effective amount of a compound of claim 1 or a salt thereof together with a therapeutically suitable carrier.