Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Hypocholesteremic fermentation products|
|Abstract:||Substances isolated after cultivation of a microorganism belonging to the genus Aspergillus in a culture medium comprise compounds which have structures: ##STR1## Together with salts and esters of the carboxylic acid, these compounds form a class of highly active hypocholesteremic and hypolipemic medicaments.|
|Inventor(s):||Albers-Schonberg; George (Princeton, NJ), Monaghan; Richard L. (Somerset, NJ), Alberts; Alfred W. (Short Hills, NJ), Hoffman; Carl H. (Scotch Plains, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Merck & Co., Inc. (Rahway, NJ)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 16, 1980|
|Claims:||1. The compound: ##STR6## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt or a lower alkyl ester or a substituted lower alkyl ester wherein the substituent is phenyl, dimethylamino, or acetylamino. |
2. The pharmaceutically acceptable salts of the compounds of claim 1, wherein the cation is derived from ammonia, ethylenediamine, N-methylglucamine, lysine, arginine or ornithine.
3. The ammonium salt of compound II of claim 1.
4. The ethylenediamine salt of compound II of claim 1.
5. The lower alkyl esters and substituted lower alkyl esters of the compound of claim 1.
6. The ethyl ester of compound II of claim 1.
7. An antihypercholesteremic pharmaceutical composition comprising a pharmaceutical carrier and an effective amount of the compound: ##STR7## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt or a lower alkyl ester or a substituted lower alkyl ester wherein the substituent is phenyl, dimethylamino, or acetylamino.
8. The composition of claim 7 wherein the compound is a pharmaceutically acceptable salt wherein the cation is derived from ammonia, ethylenediamine, N-methylglucamine, lysine, arginine or ornithine.
9. The composition of claim 7 wherein the compound is the ammonium salt of compound II.
10. The composition of claim 7 wherein the compound is the ethylenediamine salt of compound II.
11. The composition of claim 7 wherein the compound is a lower alkyl ester or substituted lower alkyl ester.
12. The composition of claim 7 wherein the compound is the ethyl ester of compound II.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.