Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||Malignant tumor cells sensitive to platinum coordination compounds in animals are treated by parenterally administering to an affected animal a solution containing a complex compound of platinum in an amount effective to cause regression of the tumor.|
|Inventor(s):||Rosenberg; Barnett (Holt, MI), VanCamp; Loretta (East Lansing, MI), Krigas; Thomas (Okemos, MI)|
|Assignee:||Research Corporation (New York, NY)|
|Filing Date:||Jul 26, 1979|
|Claims:||1. a method of treating animal malignant tumor cells sensitive to a planar dsp.sup.2 platinum(II) coordination compound or an ochtahedral d.sup.2 sp.sup.3 platinum(IV) coordination compound wherein the donor ligands are Cl, Br, CN, NO.sub.3, ethylene diamine, propylene diamine, pyridine, H.sub.2 O, OH, OS, in animals which comprises parenterally administering to an animal afflicted with said tumor cells a solution containing one of said compounds in an amount sufficient to cause regression of the animal tumor cells. |
2. A method according to claim 1 wherein the solution is administered in multiple doses.
3. A method according to claim 1 wherein the solution is administered in a single dose.
4. A method according to claim 1 wherein the compound is administered in a saline or salt-containing buffer solution.
5. A method according to claim 1 wherein the compound is a chloroplatinumammine.
6. A method according to claim 1 wherein the compound is cis-Pt(IV)(NH.sub.3).sub.2 Cl.sub.4.
7. A method according to claim 1 wherein the compound is Pt(II)(NH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 NH.sub.2)Cl.sub.2.
8. A method according to claim 1 wherein the compound is Pt(IV)(NH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 NH.sub.2)Cl.sub.4.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.