Generated: April 30, 2017
|Title:||Method of treating benign prostatic hypertrophy|
|Abstract:||There is described a method for treating benign prostatic hypertrophy comprising the administration of 2,5-di-amino-2-(mono-,di-, or trifluoromethyl)pentanoic acid or derivative thereof.|
|Inventor(s):||Bey; Philippe (Strasbourg, FR), Jung; Michel (Illkirch Groffenstaden, FR)|
|Assignee:||Merrell-Toraude et Cie (Strasbourg, FR)|
|Filing Date:||Feb 03, 1981|
|Claims:||1. A method of treating benign prostatic hypertrophy in a patient in need thereof which comprises the administration to said patient of an effective amount of a compound of the formula ##STR15## wherein: Y is FCH.sub.2 --, F.sub.2 CH--, or F.sub.3 C--; |
R.sub.a and R.sub.b are, independently, hydrogen, (C.sub.1 -C.sub.4)alkylcarbonyl, or the group ##STR16## wherein R.sub.2 is hydrogen, (C.sub.1 -C.sub.4) alkyl, benzyl, or p-hydroxybenzyl;
R.sub.1 is hydroxy, (C.sub.1 -C.sub.8)alkoxy, the group --NR.sub.4 R.sub.5, wherein R.sub.4 and R.sub.5 are, independently, hydrogen, or, (C.sub.1 -C.sub.4)alkyl, or the group ##STR17## wherein R.sub.3 is hydrogen, (C.sub.1 -C.sub.4) alkyl, benzyl, or p-hydroxybenzyl;
or the pharmaceutically acceptable salts or individual optical isomers thereof.
2. A method as defined in claim 1 wherein Y is --CH.sub.2 F or --CHF.sub.2.
3. A method as defined in claim 1 or 2 wherein R.sub.1 is hydroxy.
4. A method as defined in claim 1 or 2 wherein R.sub.1 is hydroxy and R.sub.a is hydrogen.
5. A method as defined in claim 1 or 2 wherein R.sub.1 is hydroxy and R.sub.b is hydrogen.
6. A method as defined in claim 1 or 2 wherein R.sub.a and R.sub.b are hydrogen.
7. A method as defined in claim 2 which comprises the administration of 2,5-diamino-2-fluoromethylpentanoic acid.
8. A method as defined in claim 2 which comprises the administration of 2,5-diamino-2-difluoromethylpentanoic acid.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.