Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
|Title:||Method for controlling fertility in mammals|
|Abstract:||A method for preventing gestation in mammals comprising the administration of a 2,5-diamino-2-halomethylpentanoic acid or derivative thereof.|
|Inventor(s):||Bey; Philippe (Strasbourg, FR), Jung; Michel (Illkirch Graffenstaden, FR)|
|Assignee:||Merrell Toraude et Compagnie (Strasbourg, FR)|
|Filing Date:||Dec 03, 1980|
|Claims:||1. A method of preventing gestation in mammals which comprises the administration to said mammals of a contragestationally effective amount of a compound of the formula: ##STR14## wherein: Y is FCH.sub.2 --, F.sub.2 CH--, or F.sub.3 C--; |
R.sub.a and R.sub.b are, independently, hydrogen, (C.sub.1 -C.sub.4)alkylcarbonyl, or the group ##STR15## wherein R.sub.2 is hydrogen, (C.sub.1 -C.sub.4) alkyl, benzyl, or p-hydroxybenyl;
R.sub.1 is hydroxy, (C.sub.1 -C.sub.8) alkoxy, the group --NR.sub.4 R.sub.5, wherein R.sub.4 and R.sub.5 are, independently, hydrogen, or, (C.sub.1 -C.sub.4)alkyl, or the group ##STR16## wherein R.sub.3 is hydrogen, (C.sub.1 -C.sub.4) alkyl, benzyl, or p-hydroxybenzyl; and the pharmaceutically acceptable salts and individual optical isomers thereof.
2. A method as defined in claim 1 wherein Y is --CH.sub.2 F or --CHF.sub.2.
3. A method as defined in claim 1 or 2 wherein R.sub.1 is hydroxy.
4. A method as defined in claim 1 or 2 wherein R.sub.1 is hydroxy and R.sub.a is hydrogen.
5. A method as defined in claim 1 or 2 wherein R.sub.1 is hydroxy and R.sub.b is hydrogen.
6. A method as defined in claim 1 or 2 wherein R.sub.a and R.sub.b are hydrogen.
7. A method as defined in claim 2 which comprises the administration of 2,5-diamino-2-fluoromethylpentanoic acid.
8. A method as defined in claim 2 which comprises the administration of 2,5-diamino-2-diamino-2-difluoromethylpentanoic acid.