Generated: May 29, 2017
|Title:||Pharmacologically active guanidine compounds|
|Abstract:||The compounds are substituted thioalkyl-, aminoalkyl- and oxyalkyl-guanidines which are inhibitors of histamine activity.|
|Inventor(s):||Durant; Graham J. (Welwyn Garden City, GB2), Emmett; John C. (Codicote, GB2), Ganellin; Charon R. (Welwyn Garden City, GB2)|
|Assignee:||Smith Kline & French Laboratories Limited (Welwyn Garden City, GB2)|
|Filing Date:||Mar 21, 1980|
|Claims:||1. A compound of the formula: ##STR15## wherein A is such that there is formed together with the carbon atom shown an unsaturated heterocyclic nucleus, said unsaturated heterocyclic nucleus being a benzimidazole or 3-(5,6,7,8-tetrahydroimidazo[1,5-a]pyridine) ring; X.sub.1 is hydrogen, lower alkyl, hydroxyl, trifluoromethyl, benzyl, halogen, amino or ##STR16## X.sub.2 is hydrogen or when X.sub.1 is lower alkyl, lower alkyl or halogen; k is 0 to 2 and m is 2 or 3, provided that the sum of k and m is 3 or 4; Y is oxygen, sulphur or NH; E is NR.sub.2 ; R.sub.1 is hydrogen, lower alkyl or di-lower alkylamino-lower alkyl; and R.sub.2 is hydrogen, nitro or cyano, or a pharmaceutically acceptable addition salt thereof. |
2. A compound of claim 1 wherein Y is oxygen or sulphur.
3. A compound of claim 1 wherein Y is NH.
4. A compound of claim 1 wherein said unsaturated heterocyclic nucleus is benzimidazole or 3-(5,6,7,8-tetrahydroimidazo[1,5-a]pyridine) and R.sub.2 is hydrogen or nitro.
5. A compound of claim 4 wherein k is 1 and m is 2.
6. A compound of claim 1, said compound being N-[2-(2-benzimidazolylmethylthio)ethyl]-N'-cyano-N"-methylguanidine.
7. A compound of claim 1, said compound being N-cyano-N'-methyl-N"-[2-(3-(5,6,7,8-tetrahydroimidazo[1,5-a]pyridyl)methyl thio)ethyl]guanidine.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.