Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
|Title:||Pharmacologically active thiourea and urea compounds|
|Abstract:||The compounds are substituted thioalkyl-, aminoalkyl- and oxyalkyl-thioureas and ureas which are inhibitors of histamine activity.|
|Inventor(s):||Durant; Graham J. (Welwyn Garden City, GB2), Emmett; John C. (Codicote, GB2), Ganellin; Charon R. (Welwyn Garden City, GB2)|
|Assignee:||Smith, Kline & French Laboratories Limited (Welwyn Garden City, GB2)|
|Filing Date:||Apr 09, 1980|
|Claims:||1. A compound of the formula: ##STR28## wherein A is such that there is formed together with the carbon atom shown an unsaturated heterocyclic nucleus, said unsaturated heterocyclic nucleus being a 3-(5,6,7,8-tetrahydroimidazo[1,5-a]pyridine) ring; X.sub.1 is hydrogen, lower alkyl, hydroxyl, trifluoromethyl, benzyl, halogen, amino or ##STR29## X.sub.2 is hydrogen or when X.sub.1 is lower alkyl, lower alkyl or halogen; k is 0 to 2 and m is 2 or 3, provided that the sum of k and m is 3 or 4; Y is oxygen, sulphur or NH; E is oxygen or sulphur; and R.sub.1 is hydrogen, lower alkyl, benzoyl or di-lower alkylamino-lower alkyl or a pharmaceutically acceptable addition salt thereof. |
2. A compound of claim 1 wherein Y is oxygen or sulphur.
3. A compound of claim 1 wherein Y is NH.
4. A compound of claim 1 wherein k is 1 and m is 2.
5. A compound of claim 1 in which X.sub.1 is hydrogen, methyl, bromo, hydroxyl or amino and X.sub.2 is hydrogen; Y and E are sulphur and R.sub.1 is methyl.
6. A compound of claim 1, said compound being N-methyl-N'-[2-(3-(5,6,7,8-tetrahydroimidazo[1,5-a]pyridyl)methylthio)ethy l]thiourea.