Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
|Abstract:||The title compounds are prepared by saponifying the corresponding 8-acyloxy compounds, with strong base at elevated temperatures to remove the hindered acyl group without disrupting the rest of the molecule. The products are useful as intermediates in the synthesis of antihypercholesterolemia agents.|
|Inventor(s):||Willard; Alvin K. (Lansdale, PA)|
|Assignee:||Merck & Co., Inc. (Rahway, NJ)|
|Filing Date:||Aug 05, 1980|
|Claims:||1. A compound of the formula ##STR38## in which the dotted lines X, Y and Z represent possible double bonds, said double bonds, when any are present, being either X and Z in combination or one of X, Y or Z alone. |
2. A compound of claim 1 in which X and Z represent double bonds.
3. A compound of claim 1 in which X is a double bond.
4. A compound of claim 1 in which Y is a double bond.
5. A compound of claim 1 in which Z is a double bond.
6. A compound of claim 1 in which none of X, Y or Z is a double bond.