Generated: April 24, 2017
|Title:||Process for treatment of hyperpigmentary dermatoses|
|Abstract:||There is disclosed a composition for the treatment of acne, hyperpigmentary dermatoses or skin hyperpigmentation which contains dicarboxylic acids containing 7 to 13 carbon atoms or certain derivatives thereof that contain reducing functional group or a salt thereof. There are also disclosed methods for preparing mercapto derivatives of these dicarboxylic acids.|
|Inventor(s):||Nazzaro-Porro; Marcella (Rome, IT)|
|Filing Date:||Dec 01, 1978|
|Claims:||1. A method for the treatment of individuals exhibiting noncancerous or non-precancerous hyperpigmentary dermatoses which comprises administering to said individual a therapeutically effective amount of an active ingredient in a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier until said condition is reduced or its further development is arrested wherein said active ingredient is at least one dicarboxylic acid containing from 7 to 13 carbon atoms or a mono or dimercapto derivative of said acid or a salt thereof. |
2. A method as defined in claim 1 wherein said dicarboxylic acid is selected from the group consisting of pimelic acid, suberic acid, sebacic acid, azelaic acid, 1,9-nonanedicarboxylic acid, 1,10-decanedicarboxylic acid, and 1,11-undecanedicarboxylic acid.
3. A method as defined in claim 1 wherein said individual exhibits a chloasma condition.
4. A method as defined in claim 1 wherein said individual exhibits a poikiloderma of Civatte condition.
5. A method as defined in claim 1 wherein said acid is administered orally.
6. A method as defined in claim 1 wherein said acid is administered by injection.
7. A method as defined in claim 1 wherein said acid is administered topically.
8. A method as defined in claim 1 wherein said dicarboxylic acid is azelaic acid.
9. A method as defined in claim 1 wherein said dicarboxylic acid is 1,10-decanedicarboxylic acid.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.