Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||2-Decarboxy-2-tetrazolyl-9-deoxy-5,9.alpha.-epoxy-4,5-cis-17,18 -tetradehydro-PGF.sub.1 compounds|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to novel 2-decarboxy-2-tetrazolyl-9-deoxy-5,9.alpha.-epoxy-4,5-cis-17,18-tetra dehydro-PGF.sub.1 compounds, which are useful for inducing a variety of prostacyclin-like pharmacological effects. Accordingly, these compounds are useful pharmacological agents for the same purposes for which prostacyclin is employed.|
|Inventor(s):||Johnson; Roy A. (Kalamazoo, MI)|
|Assignee:||The Upjohn Company (Kalamazoo, MI)|
|Filing Date:||Sep 07, 1979|
|Claims:||1. A compound of the formula ##STR2## wherein W.sub.1 is .alpha.-OH:.beta.-H, .alpha.-H:.beta.-OH, oxo, methylene, .alpha.-H:.beta.-H, .alpha.-CH.sub.2 OH:.beta.-H; |
wherein L is
(1) --(CH.sub.2).sub.d --C(R.sub.2).sub.2, or
wherein d is zero to 5, R.sub.2 is hydrogen, methyl, or fluoro, being the same or different with the proviso that one R.sub.2 is not methyl when the other is fluoro, and Y is a valence bond, --CH.sub.2 -- or --(CH.sub.2).sub.2 --,
wherein Q is oxo, .alpha.-H:.beta.-H, .alpha.-OH:.beta.-R.sub.8 or .alpha.-R.sub.8 :.beta.-OH
wherein R.sub.8 is hydrogen or alkyl of one to 4 carbon atoms, inclusive; and
wherein X is
(3) --C.tbd.C--, or
(4) --CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 --; including the lower alkanoates thereof.
2. A compound according to claim 1, wherein W.sub.1 is .alpha.-H:.beta.-OH.
3. A compound according to claim 1, wherein W.sub.1 is oxo.
4. A compound according to claim 1, wherein W.sub.1 is methylene.
5. A compound according to claim 1, wherein W.sub.1 is .alpha.-H:.beta.-H.
6. A compound according to claim 5, wherein L is --(CH.sub.2).sub.n --, n being 2, 3, or 4, wherein Q is oxo or .alpha.-OH:.beta.-R.sub.8 and wherein R.sub.8 is hydrogen, methyl, or ethyl.
7. 2-Decarboxy-2-tetrazolyl-(4Z)-9-deoxy-5,9.al pha.-epoxy-.DELTA.4-11-deoxy-cis-17,18-didehydro-PGF.sub.1, a compound according to claim 6.
8. A compound according to claim 1, wherein W.sub.1 is .alpha.-CH.sub.2 OH:.beta.-H.
9. A compound according to claim 1, wherein W.sub.1 is .alpha.-OH:.beta.-H.
10. A compound according to claim 9, wherein L is --(CH.sub.2).sub.n --, n being 2, 3, or 4, wherein X is oxo or .alpha.-OH:.beta.-R.sub.8 and wherein R.sub.8 is hydrogen, methyl, or ethyl.
11. A compound according to claim 10, wherein X is --C.tbd.C--.
12. A compound according to claim 10, wherein X is --CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 --.
13. 2-Decarboxy-2-tetrazolyl-(4Z)-9-deoxy-5,9.alpha.-epoxy-.DELTA.4-13,14-d ihydro-cis-17,18-didehydro-PGF.sub.1, a compound according to claim 10.
14. A compound according to claim 10, wherein X is trans--CH.dbd.CH--.
15. 2-Decarboxy-2-tetrazolyl-(4Z)-9-deoxy-5,9.alpha.-epoxy-.DELTA.4-15 -keto-cis-17,18-didehydro-PGF.sub.1, a compound according to claim 14.
16. 2-Decarboxy-2-tetrazolyl-(4Z)-9-deoxy-5,9.alpha.-epoxy-.DELTA.4-15 -deoxy-cis-17,18-didehydro-PGF.sub.1, a compound according to claim 14.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.