Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Aminoalkyl furan derivatives|
|Abstract:||Compounds of the general formula I: ##STR1## and physiologically acceptable salts thereof and N-oxides and hydrates, in which R.sub.1 and R.sub.2 which may be the same or different represent hydrogen, lower alkyl, cycloalkyl, lower alkenyl, aralkyl or lower alkyl interrupted by an oxygen atom or a group ##STR2## in which R.sub.4 represents hydrogen or lower alkyl or R.sub.1 and R.sub.2 may, together with the nitrogen atom to which they are attached, form a heterocyclic ring which may contain other heteroatoms selected from O and ##STR3## R.sub.3 is hydrogen, lower alkyl, lower alkenyl or alkoxyalkyl; X is --CH.sub.2 --, O or S; Y represents .dbd.S, .dbd.O, .dbd.NR.sub.5 or .dbd.CHR.sub.6 ; Alk denotes a straight or branched alkylene chain of 1 to 6 carbon atoms; R.sub.5 is H, nitro, cyano, lower alkyl, aryl, alkylsulphonyl, or arylsulphonyl; R.sub.6 represents nitro, arylsulphonyl or alkylsulphonyl; m is an integer from 2 to 4; and n is 1 or 2; or when X.dbd.S, or --CH.sub.2 --, n is zero, 1 or 2. These compounds have H.sub.2 -antagonist activity. Intermediates in the production thereof are also provided.|
|Inventor(s):||Price; Barry J. (Hertford, GB2), Clitherow; John W. (Sawbridgeworth, GB2), Bradshaw; John (Ware, GB2)|
|Assignee:||Allen & Hanburys Ltd. (GB2)|
|Filing Date:||Oct 13, 1978|
|Claims:||1. A compound of the formula ##STR41## wherein R.sub.1 and R.sub.2 independently represent hydrogen, alkyl of 1 to 3 carbon atoms or phenethyl; |
X is --S--;
Alk denotes methylene;
m is 2 or 3; and
n is 1.
2. A compound of the formula ##STR42## in which R.sub.1 and R.sub.2 together with the nitrogen atom to which they are attached form a morpholinyl, piperidinyl, pyrrolidinyl, or N-alkylpiperazinyl group;
X is --CH.sub.2 --, --O-- or --S--;
Alk denotes a straight or branched alkylene chain of 1 to 6 carbon atoms;
m is an integer from 2 to 4; and
n is 1 or 2; or when X is --S-- or --CH.sub.2 --, n is zero, 1 or 2.
3. A compound as claimed in claim 2 in which R.sub.1 and R.sub.2 together with the nitrogen atom to which they are attached form a pyrrolidinyl group.
4. A compound as claimed in claim 3 in which Alk denotes methylene; m is 2 or 3 and n is 1.
5. The compound of claim 2 which is 2-[[[5-(1-pyrrolidino)methyl-2-furanyl]methyl]thio]-ethanamine.
6. The compound of claim 1 which is 2-[[[5-(dimethylamino)methyl-2-furanyl]methyl]thio]-ethanamine.
7. The compound of claim 1 which is 2-[[[5-(methylamino)methyl-2-furanyl]methyl]thio]-ethanamine.
8. The compound of claim 1 which is 2-[[[5-(diethylaminomethyl)-2-furanyl]methyl]thio]-ethanamine.
9. The compound of claim 1 which is 2-[[[5-(ethylmethylamino)methyl-2-furanyl]methyl]thio]-ethanamine.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.