DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
|Title:||Treating cardiac arrhythmias|
|Abstract:||Fluorenes bearing a 9-aminoalkyl substituent are useful antiarrhythmic agents. Pharmaceutical formulations containing such compounds are provided, as well as a method of treatment.|
|Inventor(s):||Lacefield; William B. (Indianapolis, IN), Simon; Richard L. (Greenwood, IN)|
|Assignee:||Eli Lilly and Company (Indianapolis, IN)|
|Filing Date:||Apr 17, 1980|
|Claims:||1. A method for treating cardiac arrhythmias comprising administering to a subject suffering from an arrhythmia and in need of treatment or to a subject suspected of being prone toward developing a cardiac arrhythmia and in need of prophylactic treatment an antiarrhythmic amount of a compound of the formula ##STR12## wherein: n is 3, 4 or 5; |
R.sup.2 and R.sup.3 independently are hydrogen, C.sub.1 -C.sub.6 alkyl, CH.sub.2 C.sub.2 -C.sub.5 alkenyl, phenyl-C.sub.1 -C.sub.3 alkyl, or taken together with the nitrogen to which they are attached are a cyclic group of the formula ##STR13## in which R.sup.8 is hydrogen or C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkyl; A is CH.sub.2, O or NH; and y is zero or one;
R.sup.6 and R.sup.7 independently are hydrogen, C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkyl or halogen;
and the pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof.
2. The method of claim 1 which employs a compound wherein R.sup.8 is C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkyl.
3. The method of claim 2 which employs a compound wherein R.sup.2 is hydrogen or C.sub.1 -C.sub.6 alkyl.
4. The method of claim 3 which employs a compound wherein R.sup.6 and R.sup.7 both are hydrogen.
5. The method of claim 4 which employs a compound wherein R.sup.3 is C.sub.1 -C.sub.6 alkyl.
6. The method of claim 1 which employs a compound wherein n is 3.