Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Enlarged hetero-ring prostacyclin analogs|
|Abstract:||Prostaglandin (PG.sub.1, derivatives having (1) a 5-keto feature, for example ##STR1## or (2) a 9-deoxy-5,9-epoxy feature together with a 4-halo or 5-hydroxy feature, for example ##STR2## or a 4,5-didehydro feature, for example in an enol ether of the formula ##STR3## said derivatives having pharmacological activity. Processes for preparing them and the appropriate intermediates are disclosed.|
|Inventor(s):||Johnson; Roy A. (Kalamazoo, MI)|
|Assignee:||The Upjohn Company (Kalamazoo, MI)|
|Filing Date:||Aug 11, 1978|
|Claims:||1. A compound of the formula ##STR17## wherein W.sub.1 is .alpha.-OH:.beta.-H, .alpha.-H:.beta.-OH, oxo, methylene, .alpha.-H:.beta.-H, .alpha.-CH.sub.2 OH:.beta.-H; |
wherein L is --(CH.sub.2).sub.d-- C(R.sub.2).sub.2,
wherein d is zero to 5, R.sub.2 is hydrogen, methyl, or fluoro, being the same or different with the proviso that one R.sub.2 is not methyl when the other is fluoro,
wherein Q is oxo, .alpha.-H:.beta.-H, .alpha.-OH:.beta.-R.sub.8 or .alpha.-R.sub.8:.beta.-OH
wherein R.sub.8 is hydrogen or alkyl of one to 4 carbon atoms, inclusive,
wherein R.sub.3 is
(b) alkyl of one to 12 carbon atoms, inclusive,
(c) cycloalkyl of 3 to 10 carbon atoms, inclusive,
(d) aralkyl of 7 to 12 carbon atoms, inclusive,
(f) phenyl substituted with one, 2, or 3 chloro or alkyl of one to 4 carbon atoms, inclusive,
(k) p-benzaldehyde semicarbazone,
wherein R.sub.10 is phenyl, p-bromophenyl, p-biphenylyl, p-nitrophenyl, p-benzamidophenyl, or 2-naphthyl, and wherein R.sub.11 is hydrogen or benzoyl, or
(n) a pharmacologically acceptable cation;
wherein R.sub.4 is
(1) --CR.sub.5 R.sub.6 --CgH.sub.2g --CH.sub.3
(2) --CR.sub.5 R.sub.6 --Z--(Ph)
(3) cis-CH.sub.2 --CH.dbd.CH--CH.sub.2 CH.sub.3
wherein C.sub.g H.sub.2g is alkylene of one to 9 carbon atoms, inclusive, with one to 5 carbon atoms, inclusive, in the chain between --CR.sub.5 R.sub.6 -- and terminal methyl, wherein R.sub.5 and R.sub.6 are hydrogen, alkyl of one to 4 carbon atoms, inclusive, or fluoro, being the same or different, with the proviso that one of R.sub.5 and R.sub.6 is fluoro only when the other is hydrogen or fluoro and the further proviso that neither R.sub.5 nor R.sub.6 is fluoro when Z is oxa (--O--); wherein Z represents an oxa atom (--O--) or C.sub.j H.sub.2j wherein C.sub.j H.sub.2j is a valence bond or alkylene of one to 9 carbon atoms, inclusive, with one to 6 carbon atoms, inclusive between --CR.sub.5 R.sub.6 and the (Ph); wherein (Ph) is phenyl or phenyl substituted by (T)s, wherein T is alkyl of one to 4 carbon atoms, inclusive, fluoro, chloro, trifluoromethyl, or --OR.sub.7 --, wherein R.sub.7 is alkyl of one to 4 carbon atoms, inclusive, and s is zero, one, 2, or 3, with the proviso that not more than two T's are other than alkyl and when s is 2 or 3 the T's are either the same or different;
wherein R.sub.19 is chloro, bromo, or iodo; and
wherein X is
(3) --C.tbd.C-- or
(4) --CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 --.
2. A compound according to claim 1, wherein W is .alpha.-OH:.beta.-H.
3. A compound according to claim 2, wherein L is --(CH.sub.2).sub.n --, n being 2, 3, or 4, wherein Q is oxo or .alpha.-OH:.beta.-R.sub.8, and wherein R.sub.8 is hydrogen, methyl, or ethyl, and wherein R.sub.4 is n-pentyl, 1,1-dimethylpentyl, 1,1-difluoropentyl, phenoxymethyl or phenylethyl.
4. A compound according to claim 3, wherein X is trans-CH.dbd.CH--.
5. A compound according to claim 4, wherein R.sub.3 is --CHR.sub.11 --CO--R.sub.10.
6. 4.xi.-Iodo-9-deoxy-5.xi.,9.alpha.-epoxy-PGF.sub.1, p-phenylphenacyl ester, compounds according to claim 5.
7. A compound according to claim 4, wherein R.sub.3 is hydrogen, alkyl of one to 12 carbon atoms, inclusive, or a pharmacologically acceptable cation.
8. 4.xi.-Iodo-9-deoxy-5.xi.,9.alpha.-epoxy-PGF.sub.1, compounds according to claim 7.
9. 4.xi.-Iodo-9-deoxy-5.xi.,9.alpha.-epoxy-PGF.sub.1, methyl ester, compounds according to claim 7.
10. 4.xi.-Bromo-9-deoxy-5.xi.,9.alpha.-epoxy-PGF.sub.1, methyl ester, compounds according to claim 7.
11. 4.xi.-Iodo-9-deoxy-5.xi.,9.alpha.-epoxy-15-keto-PGF.sub.1, methyl ester, compounds according to claim 7.
12. 4.xi.-Iodo-9-deoxy-5.xi.,9.alpha.-epoxy-15-deoxy-PGF.sub.1, methyl ester, compounds according to claim 7.
13. 4.xi.-Iodo-9-deoxy-5.xi.,9.alpha.-e poxy-17-phenyl-18,19,20-trinor-PGF.sub.1, methyl ester, compounds according to claim 1. /
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.