Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Esters of p-carbonylphenoxy-isobutyric acids|
|Abstract:||This invention is concerned with esters of p-carbonylphenoxy-isobutyric acids of the general formulae: ##STR1## wherein R is a phenyl group substituted by one or two halogen atoms; R' is H, CH.sub.3, C.sub.6 H.sub.5, SCH.sub.3, OCH.sub.3, or, SO.sub.2 CH.sub.3 ; R" is CH.sub.3 or C.sub.2 H.sub.5 ; Y is C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkoxy, phenoxy, phenoxy substituted by one or two halogen atoms, or, OCH.sub.2 O--CO--C(CH.sub.3).sub.3 ; Z is C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkyl, phenyl or R; NR.sub.1 R.sub.2 is N(CH.sub.3).sub.2 N(C.sub.2 H.sub.5).sub.2, morpholino, piperidino, hexamethylenimino, pyrrolidino. This invention is also concerned with acid addition salts obtained from formula Ia compounds with acids. Compounds of formulae I and Ia are useful as hypocholesterolemiant and hypolipidemiant agents.|
|Inventor(s):||Mieville; Andre (Lausanne, CH)|
|Assignee:||Orchimed SA (CH)|
|Filing Date:||Sep 01, 1977|
|Claims:||1. A novel ester of p-carbonylphenoxy-isobutyric acid selected from the group consisting of |
(a) compounds of the formula ##STR18## wherein R' is H, CH.sub.3, C.sub.6 H.sub.5, SCH.sub.3, OCH.sub.3, or SO.sub.2 CH.sub.3 ;
R" is CH.sub.3 or C.sub.2 H.sub.5 ;
Z is a phenyl group substituted by one halogen atom and
NR.sub.1 R.sub.2 is N(CH.sub.3).sub.2, N(C.sub.2 H.sub.5).sub.2, morpholino, piperidino, hexamethylenimino or pyrrolidino, and
(b) non-toxic acid addition salt thereof.
2. A novel ester of p-carbonylphenoxy-isobutyric acid having the formula ##STR19## wherein Z is a 4-chlorophenyl group, and NR.sub.1 R.sub.2 is N(C.sub.2 H.sub.5).sub.2, morpholino, piperidino or hexamethylenimino; and its non-toxic acid addition salts.
3. A novel ester of p-carbonylphenoxy-isobutyric-acid having the formula ##STR20## wherein Z is C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkyl, phenyl or chlorophenyl and NR.sub.1 R.sub.2 is a hexamethylenimino group and non-toxic acid addition salts thereof.
4. A novel ester according to claim 1 in which NR.sub.1 R.sub.2 is a hexamethylenimino group.
5. .beta.-hexamethyleniminoethyl-p-(4-chlorobenzoyl)-phenoxy-isobutyrate and its non-toxic acid addition salts.
6. A novel ester of the formula ##STR21## and nontoxic acid addition salts thereof.
7. A novel ester of the formula ##STR22## and nontoxic acid addition salts thereof.
8. A novel ester of the formula ##STR23## and nontoxic acid addition salts thereof.
9. A novel ester of the formula ##STR24## and nontoxic acid addition salts thereof.
10. A therapeutic composition useful for treating patients in order to reduce their blood cholesterol and lipids content, which comprises, in association with a pharmaceutically acceptable excipient, a therapeutically effective amount of at least a compound according to any one of claims 1, 2, 3 or 6-11.
11. A novel ester of the formula ##STR25## and nontoxic acid addition salts thereof.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.