Serving 500+ biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Generated: June 27, 2017
|Title:||2-Acyl-4-oxo-pyrazino-isoquinoline derivatives and process for the preparation thereof|
|Abstract:||2-Acyl-4-oxo-hexahydro-4H-pyrazino[2,1-a]isoquinoline derivatives of the formula ##STR1## wherein COR is the acyl radical of an up to 26 carbon atom acid and their physiologically acceptable acid addition and quaternary ammonium salts, are anthelmintics and can be produced by reacting 4-oxo-1,2,3,6,7,11b-hexahydro-4H-pyrazino[2,1-a]isoquinoline with an acid or a reactive functional derivative thereof.|
|Inventor(s):||Seubert; Jurgen (Darmstadt, DE), Thomas; Herbert (Wuppertal, DE), Andrews; Peter (Wuppertal, DE)|
|Assignee:||Merck Patent Gesellschaft mit Beschrankter Haftung (Darmstadt, DE)|
|Filing Date:||Nov 15, 1976|
|Claims:||1. An anthelmintically active compound of the formula ##STR5## and the physiologically acceptable acid addition salts thereof wherein R is selected from the group consisting of pyrryl, thienyl, furyl, indolyl, benzofuryl, benzothienyl, pyridyl, .alpha.- or .gamma.-pyranyl, .alpha.- or .gamma.-thiopyranyl, quinolyl, isoquinolyl, carbazolyl, pyrazolyl, imidazolyl, benzpyrazolyl, benzimidazolyl, oxazolyl, benzoxazolyl, thiazolyl, benzthiazolyl, isoxazolyl, isothiazolyl, 1,2,3-triazolyl, 1,2,4-triazolyl, tetrazolyl, 1,2,3- or 1,2,4-oxadiazolyl, 1,2,4-, 1,3,4- or 2,1,5-thiadiazolyl, 2,1,3-benzothiadiazolyl, acridinyl, pyridazinyl, pyrimidinyl, pyrazinyl, phenazinyl, phenoxazinyl, phenothiazinyl, thianthrenyl, 1,2,5-, 1,2,4- or 1,2,3-triazinyl, 1,2,3,4- or 1,2,4,5-tetrazinyl, purinyl, pyrazolo[3,4-d]pyrimidinyl, pteridinyl, cinnolinyl, phthalazinyl, quinazolinyl, quinoxalinyl, 1,5-naphthyridinyl, nalidixinyl, 1,4-dioxanyl, morpholinyl, pyrrolidinyl, tetrahydrofury tetrahydrothienyl, pyrazolidinyl, imidazolidinyl, 1,2,3,4-tetrahydropyridyl, 1,2,5,6-tetrahydropyridyl, piperidyl, tetrahydropyranyl, 1,2,3,4-tetrahydroquinolyl, 1,2,3,4-tetrahydroisoquinolyl, hexahydropyridazinyl, hexahydropyrimidinyl, piperazinyl, 1,3-dioxanyl pyrrolinyl, dihydrofuryl, pyrazolinyl, imidazolinyl, oxazolidinyl, thiazolinyl, thiazolidinyl, isoxazolidinyl, isothiazolinyl, isothiazolidinyl, 2,3-dihydrobenzthiazolyl, 1,2-dihydroquinolyl, 3,4-dihydroquinolyl, 1,2-dihydroisoquinolyl, 3,4-dihydroisoquinolyl, decahydroquinolyl, decahydroisoquinolyl, chromenyl, chromanyl, dihydropyridazinyl, tetrahydropyridazinyl, dihydropyrimidinyl, tetrahydropyrimidinyl, dihydropyrazinyl, tetrahydropyrazinyl, 1,4-thiazinyl and the corresponding moieties substituted by alkyl of up to 4 carbon atoms, aralkyl of 7 to 19 carbon atoms, halogen, hydroxy, alkoxy of up to 4 carbon atoms, acyloxy of up to 4 carbon atoms, amino, alkylamino of up to 4 carbon atoms, dialkylamino with alkyl groups each of up to 4 carbon atoms, acylamino wherein acyl is that of a saturated or unsaturated fatty acid of 1 to 18 carbon atoms, lower-alkoxy-acetyl-amino wherein the lower alkoxy group has 1 to 4 carbon atoms, nitro, alkoxycarbonyl of up to 4 carbon atoms in the alkoxy group, benzyloxycarbonyl, 3,5-dimethoxybenzyloxycarbonyl, sulfo, keto, N-oxido, S-oxido, S,S-dioxido, saturated or unsaturated aliphatic acyl of 1 to 18 carbon atoms, alkoxy-acetyl of 1 to 4 carbon atoms in the alkoxy group or acyl from a dicarboxylic acid of 4 to 8 carbon atoms. |
2. A compound of claim 1, 2-nicotinoyl-4-oxo-1,2,3,6,7,11b-hexahydro-4H-pyrazino[2,1-a]isoquinoline.
3. A pharmaceutical composition consisting essentially of an anthelmintically effective amount per unit dosage of a compound of claim 1 in admixture with a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
4. A method of treating cestode and trematode infestations which comprises administering to an animal infested with cestodes or trematodes an anthelmintically effective amount of a compound of claim 1.
5. A compound of claim 1, 2-(thienyl-2-carbonyl)-4-oxo-1,2,3,6,7,11b-hexahydro-4H-pyrazino[2,1-a]iso quinoline.
6. A compound of claim 1, 2-(furyl-2-carbonyl)-4-oxo-1,2,3,6,7,11b-hexahydro-4H-pyrazino[2,1-a]isoqu inoline.
7. A compound of claim 1, 2-picolinoyl-4-oxo-1,2,3,6,7,11b-hexahydro-4H-pyrazino[2,1-a]isoquinoline.
8. A compound of claim 1, 2-(tetrahydropyranyl-4-carbonyl)-4-oxo-1,2,3,6,7,11b-hexahydro-4H-pyrazino [2,1-a]isoquinoline.
9. A compound of claim 1, 2-(tetrahydrothiopyranyl-4-carbonyl)-4-oxo-1,2,6,7,11b-hexahydro-4H-pyrazi no[2,1-a]isoquinoline.
10. A compound of claim 1, 2-(thienyl-3-carbonyl)-4-oxo-1,2,3,6,7,11b-hexahydro-4H-pyrazino[2,1-a]iso quinoline.
Serving 500+ biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.