Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Spiro (1,3-dioxolane-4,3') quinuclidine compounds|
|Abstract:||Novel spiro (1,3-dioxolane-4,3') quinuclidine compounds of the formula ##STR1## wherein R.sub.1 and R.sub.2, which may be identical or different, each designates a member of the group hydrogen, alkyl or aryl; a process for the production of these and pharmaceutical compositions of matter containing such compound as active ingredient.|
|Inventor(s):||Cohen; Sasson (Tel-Aviv, IL), Fisher; Abraham (Holon, IL)|
|Assignee:||The Purdue Frederick Company (Norwalk, CT)|
|Filing Date:||Feb 06, 1976|
|Claims:||1. A compound selected from the group consisting of spiro (1,3-dioxolane-4,3') quinuclidines of the formula ##STR3## wherein R.sub.1 and R.sub.2 are each selected from the group consisting of hydrogen, lower alkyl, and phenyl, and physiologically compatible salts thereof. |
2. A compound according to claim 1, wherein R.sub.1 is hydrogen and R.sub.2 is methyl; 2-methyl spiro (1,3-dioxolane-4,3') quinuclidine, in the form of in the form of the cis isomer or trans isomer or mixtures thereof.
3. A compound according to claim 1, wherein R.sub.1 and R.sub.2 are methyl: 2,2-dimethyl spiro (1,3-dioxolane-4,3') quinuclidine.
4. A compound according to claim 1, wherein R.sub.1 and R.sub.2 are phenyl: 2,2-diphenyl spiro (1,3-dioxolane-4,3') quinuclidine.
5. A pharmaceutical composition for treatment to effect cholinergic stimulation, or for the treatment of manifestations of glaucoma, or for the treatment of myestenia gravis, which comprises a corresponding treatment effective amount of the compound of claim 2 and a suitable carrier.
6. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 5 for effecting cholinergic stimulation wherein the active ingredient is the cis-isomer of 2-methyl spiro (1,3-dioxolane-4,3') quinuclidine, or a salt thereof.
7. A pharmaceutical composition for treatment to induce sustained mydriasis, or for the treatment of disorders characterized by an excess of central or peripheral acetycholine-like activity, of intoxication by organo-phosphorus compounds or by carbamates, or for the treatment for conditions where central dopaminergic activity is pathologically reduced, which comprises a corresponding treatment effective amount of the compound of claim 4 or a salt thereof and a suitable carrier.
8. A process for treating disorders due to a deficiency of acetylcholine in the central nervous system which comprises administering an acetylcholine deficiency treating effective amount of the compound of claim 2.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.