Generated: April 29, 2017
|Title:||2-Naphthylacetic acid derivatives and compositions and methods thereof|
|Abstract:||2-Naphthyl acetic acid derivatives and the corresponding amides, esters, hydroxamic acids and addition salts thereof, optionally substituted at the .alpha.-position on the acetic acid moiety and/or at position 6 and/or at positions 1, 4, 7 or 8 on the naphthyl ring and optionally saturated at positions 3 and 4, are anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anti-pyretic and anti-pruritic agents. A pharmaceutical method of effecting treatment of inflammation, pain, pyrexia and pruritus by the administration of naphthyl acetic acid derivatives. A pharmaceutical composition for use in the treatment of the above maladies comprising a naphthyl acetic acid derivative.|
|Inventor(s):||Fried; John H. (Palo Alto, CA), Harrison; Ian T. (Palo Alto, CA)|
|Assignee:||Syntex Corporation (Palo Alto, CA)|
|Filing Date:||May 10, 1976|
|Claims:||1. A compound selected from the group of compounds represented by the formula: ##STR9## wherein R.sup.4 is aryl, and the corresponding esters, and pharmaceutically accepted addition salts thereof. |
2. The compound of claim 1 wheren R.sup.4 is phenyl.
3. 6-Phenyl-2naphthylacetic acid.
4. A method of effecting treatment of inflammation, pain, pyrexia, and pruritus which comprises administering an effective therapeutic dose of a compound selected from the group of compounds represented by the formula: ##STR10## wherein R.sup.18 is aryl, or a corresponding ester or pharmaceutically acceptable addition salts thereof.
5. The method of claim 4 wherein R.sup.18 is phenyl.
6. The method of claim 4 wherein said compound is 6-phenyl-2-naphthylacetic acid.
7. A pharmaceutical composition for use in effecting treatment of inflammation, pain, fever, and itching which comprises a pharmaceutically acceptable non-toxic excipient and a therapeutically effective amount of a compound represented by the formula: ##STR11## wherein R.sup.18 is aryl, or a corresponding ester or pharmaceutically acceptable addition salt thereof.
8. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 3 wherein R.sup.18 is phenyl.
9. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 3 wherein said compound is 6-phenyl-2-naphthylacetic acid.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.