Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Certain thiazole, isothiazole, oxazole, and isoxazole compounds|
|Abstract:||The compounds are substituted thioalkyl-, aminoalkyl- and oxyalkyl-guanidines which are inhibitors of histamine activity.|
|Inventor(s):||Durant; Graham John (Welwyn Garden City, EN), Emmett; John Colin (Codicote, EN), Ganellin; Charon Robin (Welwyn Garden City, EN)|
|Assignee:||Smith Kline & French Laboratories Limited (Welwyn Garden City, EN)|
|Filing Date:||Dec 04, 1975|
|Claims:||1. A compound of the formula: ##STR15## wherein A is such that there is formed together with the carbon atom shown an unsaturated heterocyclic nucleus, |
said unsaturated heterocyclic nucleus being a thiazole, isothiazole, oxazole or isoxazole ring; X.sub.1 is hydrogen, lower alkyl, hydroxyl, trifluoromethyl, benzyl, halogen, amino or ##STR16## X.sub.2 hydrogen or when X.sub.1 is lower alkyl, lower alkyl or halogen; k is 0 to 2 and m is 2 or 3, provided that the sum of k and m is 3 or 4; Y is oxygen, sulphur or NH; E is NR.sub.2 ; R.sub.1 is hydrogen, lower alkyl or di-lower alkylamino-lower alkyl; and R.sub.2 is hydrogen, nitro or cyano, or a pharmaceutically acceptable addition salt thereof.
2. A compound of claim 1 wherein Y is oxygen or sulphur.
3. A compound of claim 1 wherein Y is NH.
4. A compound of claim 1 wherein said unsaturated heterocyclic nucleus is thiazole or oxazole and R.sub.2 is hydrogen or nitro.
5. A compound of claim 4 wherein k is 1 and m is 2.
6. A compound of claim 1 wherein said unsaturated heterocyclic nucleus is thiazole.
7. A compound of claim 6 wherein X.sub.1 is hydrogen, methyl, bromo, hydroxyl or amino and X.sub.2 is hydrogen; Y is sulphur and R.sub.1 is methyl.
8. A compound of claim 1, said compound being N-cyano-N'-methyl-N"-[2-(2-thiazolylmethylthio)ethyl]guanidine.
9. A compound of claim 1, said compound being N-cyano-N'-[2-(3-isothiazolylmethylthio)ethyl]-N"-methylguanidine.
10. A compound of claim 1, said compound being N-cyano-N-[2-(3-isoxazolylmethylthio)ethyl]-N"-methylguanidine.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.