DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
|Title:||Certain thiazole, isothiazole, oxazole, and isoxazole compounds|
|Abstract:||The compounds are substituted thioalkyl-, aminoalkyl- and oxyalkyl-guanidines which are inhibitors of histamine activity.|
|Inventor(s):||Durant; Graham John (Welwyn Garden City, EN), Emmett; John Colin (Codicote, EN), Ganellin; Charon Robin (Welwyn Garden City, EN)|
|Assignee:||Smith Kline & French Laboratories Limited (Welwyn Garden City, EN)|
|Filing Date:||Dec 04, 1975|
|Claims:||1. A compound of the formula: ##STR15## wherein A is such that there is formed together with the carbon atom shown an unsaturated heterocyclic nucleus, |
said unsaturated heterocyclic nucleus being a thiazole, isothiazole, oxazole or isoxazole ring; X.sub.1 is hydrogen, lower alkyl, hydroxyl, trifluoromethyl, benzyl, halogen, amino or ##STR16## X.sub.2 hydrogen or when X.sub.1 is lower alkyl, lower alkyl or halogen; k is 0 to 2 and m is 2 or 3, provided that the sum of k and m is 3 or 4; Y is oxygen, sulphur or NH; E is NR.sub.2 ; R.sub.1 is hydrogen, lower alkyl or di-lower alkylamino-lower alkyl; and R.sub.2 is hydrogen, nitro or cyano, or a pharmaceutically acceptable addition salt thereof.
2. A compound of claim 1 wherein Y is oxygen or sulphur.
3. A compound of claim 1 wherein Y is NH.
4. A compound of claim 1 wherein said unsaturated heterocyclic nucleus is thiazole or oxazole and R.sub.2 is hydrogen or nitro.
5. A compound of claim 4 wherein k is 1 and m is 2.
6. A compound of claim 1 wherein said unsaturated heterocyclic nucleus is thiazole.
7. A compound of claim 6 wherein X.sub.1 is hydrogen, methyl, bromo, hydroxyl or amino and X.sub.2 is hydrogen; Y is sulphur and R.sub.1 is methyl.
8. A compound of claim 1, said compound being N-cyano-N'-methyl-N"-[2-(2-thiazolylmethylthio)ethyl]guanidine.
9. A compound of claim 1, said compound being N-cyano-N'-[2-(3-isothiazolylmethylthio)ethyl]-N"-methylguanidine.
10. A compound of claim 1, said compound being N-cyano-N-[2-(3-isoxazolylmethylthio)ethyl]-N"-methylguanidine.