Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
|Title:||Antiandrogenic agents and method for the treatment of androgen dependent disease states|
|Abstract:||This application relates to certain 4'-substituted and to 3',4'-disubstituted anilides, to methods for their preparation and to methods for their use as antiandrogens. These substituted anilides are useful in the treatment of androgen dependent disease states, such as benign prostatic hypertrophy, hirsutism, acne and the like.|
|Inventor(s):||Neri; Rudolph O. (Hawthorne, NJ), Topliss; John G. (West Caldwell, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Schering Corporation (Kenilworth, NJ)|
|Filing Date:||Sep 11, 1974|
|Claims:||1. A method for the treatment of benign prostatic hypertrophy which comprises administering to mammals suffering from benign prostatic hyperstrophy, an effective quantity for treating benign prostatic hypertrophy of a compound having the structural formula: ##SPC26## |
or the non-toxic pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof, wherein X is a member of the group consisting of nitro, trifluoromethyl, chloro, bromo and iodo; Y is a member of the group consisting of hydrogen, halogen, nitro, lower alkyl, lower alkoxy, lower alkanoyl, polyfluoroloweralkoxy, polyfluoroloweralkyl, and trifluoromethylthio, with the proviso that when Y and R' are both hydrogen, X is other than iodo; R' is a member of the group consisting of hydrogen and alkyl having less than 5 carbon atoms and R is cyclopropyl, cyclobutyl or branched chain alkyl having up to 8 carbon atoms.
2. A method according to claim 1 wherein R is isopropyl.
3. A method according to claim 2 wherein R' is hydrogen. Y is trifluoromethyl and X is nitro, said compound being 4'-nitro-3'-trifluoromethylisobutyranilide.
4. A method according to claim 2 wherein R' is hydrogen, Y is trifluoromethyl and X is iodo, said compound being 4'-iodo-3'-trifluoromethylisobutyranilide.
5. A method according to claim 1 wherein R is cyclopropyl.
6. A method according to claim 5 wherein R' is hydrogen, Y is trifluoromethyl, and X is nitro, said compound being 4'-nitro-3'-trifluoromethylcyclopropylcarbanilide.