Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||1-(.beta.,-D-ribofuranosyl)-1,2,4-triazole acid esters|
|Abstract:||Phosphate and carboxylic acid esters of 1-(.beta.-D-ribofuranosyl)-1,2,4-triazoles are prepared by a variety of methods and their antiviral activity reported.|
|Inventor(s):||Witkowski; Joseph T. (Laguna Niguel, CA), Robins; Roland K. (Santa Ana, CA)|
|Assignee:||ICN Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Irvine, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Mar 18, 1974|
|Claims:||1. A 1-(.beta.-D-ribofuranosyl)-1,2,4-triazole nucleoside of structure ##SPC3## |
wherein R.sub.1 is selected from the group consisting of (a) carboxamido, (b) thiocarboxamido, and (c) carboxamidino groups and physiologically acceptable acid addition salts of (c); and wherein X is hydrogen or C.sub.1 -C.sub.18 acyl, at least one X being hydrogen and at least one X being acyl.
2. A 1-(5'-O-acyl-.beta.-D-ribofuranosyl)-1,2,4-triazole according to claim 1.
3. A compound 1-(5'-O-acyl-.beta.-D-ribofuranosyl)-1,2,4-triazole-3-carboxamide according to claim 1.
4. A compound 1-(5'-O-acyl-.beta.-D-ribofuranosyl)-1,2,4-triazole-3-thiocarboxamide according to claim 1.
5. A compound 1-(5'-O-acyl-.beta.-D-ribofuranosyl)-1,2,4-triazole-3-carboxamidine hydrochloride according to claim 1.
9. A 1-(.beta.-D-ribofuranosyl)-1,2,4-triazole nucleotide of structure ##SPC4##
wherein R.sub.1 is selected from the group consisting of (a) carboxamido, (b) thiocarboxamido and (c) carboxamidino groups and physiologically acceptable acid addition salts of (c); and wherein R is hydrogen or C.sub.1 -C.sub.18 acyl.
10. A compound according to claim 9 wherein R is hydrogen.
11. 1-(.beta.-D-ribofuranosyl)-1,2,4-triazole-3-carboxamide 2',3'-cyclic phosphate.
12. An hydrolysis product of a compound according to claim 9 comprising a mixture of corresponding 2'- and 3'-monophosphates.
13. A mixture comprising the 2'- and 3'-monophosphates of 1-(.beta.-D-ribofuranosyl)-1,2,4-triazole-3-carboxamide.
14. A compound selected from the group consisting of 2' and 3'-phosphates of a compound of a structure: ##SPC5##
wherein R.sub.1 is selected from the group consisting of (a) carboxamido, (b) thiocarboxamido, and (c) carboxamidino groups and physiologically acceptable acid addition salts of (c).
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.