Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Hexahydro-dibenzo[b,d,]pyran-9-ones as psychotropic, particularly anti-depressant drugs|
|Abstract:||Use of 1-hydroxy-3-alkyl-6,6a,7,8,10,10a-hexahydro-9H-dibenzo[b,d]pyran-9-ones as psychotropic drugs, particularly as anti-depressant drugs, and pharmaceutical compositions containing same.|
|Inventor(s):||Archer; Robert A. (Indianapolis, IN)|
|Assignee:||Eli Lilly and Company (Indianapolis, IN)|
|Filing Date:||May 01, 1975|
|Claims:||1. A process for treating mammals suffering from depression which comprises administering to a mammal in need of such treatment a dose of a compound represented by the formula ##SPC6## |
wherein R' is either C.sub.7 -C.sub.10 normal alkyl or is the group ##EQU3## wherein R" is C.sub.2 -C.sub.7 alkyl and R.sup.v is H or methyl, wherein both R groups are identical and are H or methyl and wherein R'" is H or C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkanoyl, in an amount effective to treat depression.
2. A process according to claim 1 in which a dose of from 0.1 to 100 mgs per day of the drug is administered.
3. A process according to claim 1 in which a dose of from 1 to 20 mgs. per day of the drug is administered.
4. A process according to claim 1 in which the drug is administered by the oral route.
5. A process according to claim 1 in which dl-trans-1-hydroxy-3-(1',1'-dimethylheptyl)-6,6a,7,8,10,10a-hexahydro-6,6- dimethyl-9H-dibenzo[b,d]pyran-9-one is administered.
6. A process according to claim 1 in which dl-trans-1-hydroxy-3-(1',2'-dimethylheptyl)-6,6a,7,8,10,10a-hexahydro-6,6- dimethyl-9H-dibenzo[b,d]pyran-9-one is administered.
7. A process according to claim 1 in which dl-trans-1-hydroxy-3-(1'-methylheptyl)-6,6a,7,8,10,10a-hexahydro-6,6-dimet hyl-9H-dibenzo[b,d]pyran-9-one is administered.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.