|Title:||5-Substituted 1,2,4-triazole-3-carboxamido nucleosides and analogs thereof|
|Abstract:||Disubstituted 1,2,4-triazole nucleosides, e.g., those of structure ##SPC1## Wherein R is hydrogen or acyl and X and Y are differently selected from the group consisting of halogen, carboxamide and carboxylic acid ester groups are prepared by a method comprising fusion of an appropriately substituted 1,2,4-triazole with a tetra-O-acyl blocked ribofuranose. Disubstituted 1,2,4-triazole nucleosides prepared according to the invention have variously exhibited antimicrobial and antiviral activity in vitro, while others are useful in the preparation of such compounds.|
|Inventor(s):||Robins; Roland K. (Santa Ana, CA), Witkowski; Joseph T. (Laguna Niguel, CA)|
|Assignee:||ICN Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Irvine, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Sep 28, 1972|
|Claims:||1. A compound of structure ##SPC4## |
wherein R is hydrogen or C.sub.1 -C.sub.18 acyl and wherein X and Y differ and are selected from the group consisting of chloro-, iodo-, bromo, carboxamide, carbomethoxy, and carboethoxy groups.
2. A compound according to claim 1 wherein R is hydrogen or acetyl and wherein X and Y are selected from the group consisting of chlorine, carboxamide, and carbomethoxy groups.
3. A compound according to claim 1 wherein one of X and Y is chloro and the other is carbomethoxy.
4. A compound according to claim 1 wherein one of X and Y is chloro and the other is a carboxamide group.
5. 3-chloro-1-(2,3,5-tri-O-ace tyl-.beta.-D-ribofuranosyl)-1,2,4-triazole-5-carboxylic acid methyl ester.
8. 3-Nitro-1-(2,3,5-tri-O-acetyl-.beta.-D-ribofuranosyl)-1,2,4-tr iazole-5-carboxylic acid methyl ester.
9. 3-Nitro-1-.beta.-D-ribofuranosyl-1,2,4-triazole-5-carboxylic acid methyl ester.
10. A compound of structure ##SPC5##
wherein R is hydrogen or C.sub.1 -C.sub.18 acyl.