Generated: May 22, 2017
|Title:||5-Substituted 1,2,4-triazole-3-carboxamido nucleosides and analogs thereof|
|Abstract:||Disubstituted 1,2,4-triazole nucleosides, e.g., those of structure ##SPC1## Wherein R is hydrogen or acyl and X and Y are differently selected from the group consisting of halogen, carboxamide and carboxylic acid ester groups are prepared by a method comprising fusion of an appropriately substituted 1,2,4-triazole with a tetra-O-acyl blocked ribofuranose. Disubstituted 1,2,4-triazole nucleosides prepared according to the invention have variously exhibited antimicrobial and antiviral activity in vitro, while others are useful in the preparation of such compounds.|
|Inventor(s):||Robins; Roland K. (Santa Ana, CA), Witkowski; Joseph T. (Laguna Niguel, CA)|
|Assignee:||ICN Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Irvine, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Sep 28, 1972|
|Claims:||1. A compound of structure ##SPC4## |
wherein R is hydrogen or C.sub.1 -C.sub.18 acyl and wherein X and Y differ and are selected from the group consisting of chloro-, iodo-, bromo, carboxamide, carbomethoxy, and carboethoxy groups.
2. A compound according to claim 1 wherein R is hydrogen or acetyl and wherein X and Y are selected from the group consisting of chlorine, carboxamide, and carbomethoxy groups.
3. A compound according to claim 1 wherein one of X and Y is chloro and the other is carbomethoxy.
4. A compound according to claim 1 wherein one of X and Y is chloro and the other is a carboxamide group.
5. 3-chloro-1-(2,3,5-tri-O-ace tyl-.beta.-D-ribofuranosyl)-1,2,4-triazole-5-carboxylic acid methyl ester.
8. 3-Nitro-1-(2,3,5-tri-O-acetyl-.beta.-D-ribofuranosyl)-1,2,4-tr iazole-5-carboxylic acid methyl ester.
9. 3-Nitro-1-.beta.-D-ribofuranosyl-1,2,4-triazole-5-carboxylic acid methyl ester.
10. A compound of structure ##SPC5##
wherein R is hydrogen or C.sub.1 -C.sub.18 acyl.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.