Generated: April 28, 2017
|Title:||Use of prostaglandins E and F for prevention of pregnancy in humans|
|Abstract:||Methods and compositions are disclosed for administering prostaglandins of the PGF and PGE types to ovulating humans for the prevention of pregnancy.|
|Inventor(s):||Pharriss; Bruce B. (Kalamazoo, MI)|
|Assignee:||The Upjohn Company (Kalamazoo, MI)|
|Filing Date:||Feb 07, 1973|
|Claims:||1. A method of preventing pregnancy in an ovulating human which consists essentially of providing to a said human in a span of time beginning at or about the time of ovulation and ending at or about the time of next expected heat or menses an effective amount for preventing pregnancy of a member selected from the group consisting of the free acids, pharmaceutically acceptable salts, and alkyl esters having one to 6 carbon atoms, inclusive, in the alkyl portion, of a compound represented by the formula ##SPC6## |
wherein W is =C=O or ##SPC7##
X is CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 or trans CH=CH and both Y and Z are CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 ; X is trans CH=CH, Y is cis CH=CH and Z is CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 or cis CH=CH; m is 0, 1 or 2 and n is 2, 3, 4 or 5, in a dosage unit form compounded with pharmaceutical means which adapt the form for systemic administration.
2. A method according to claim 1 wherein W is =C=O.
3. A method according to claim 1 wherein said member is PGE.sub.2.
4. A method according to claim 1 wherein said member is PGE.sub.2 in salt form.
5. A method according to claim 1 wherein said member is PGE.sub.2 in alkyl ester form.
6. A method according to claim 1 wherein W is ##SPC8##
7. A method according to claim 1 wherein said member is PGF.sub.2 .alpha..
8. A method according to claim 1 wherein said member is PGF.sub.2 .alpha. in salt form.
9. A method according to claim 1 wherein said member is PGF.sub.2 .alpha. in alkyl ester form.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.