Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||15-ALKYL PROSTAGLANDINS F .sub..alpha.|
|Abstract:||Prostaglandin E.sub.1 -type and F.sub.1 -type compounds with a methyl or an ethyl substituent at the C-15 position are disclosed. These are useful for the same pharmacological purposes as the unsubstituted prostaglandins.|
|Inventor(s):||Pike; John E. (Kalamazoo, MI), Schneider; William P. (Kalamazoo Township, Kalamazoo County, MI)|
|Assignee:||The Upjohn Company (Kalamazoo, MI)|
|Filing Date:||Sep 13, 1972|
|Claims:||1. An optically active compound of the formula: ##SPC14## |
or a racemic compound of that formula and the mirror image thereof, wherein R.sub.1 is hydrogen, alkyl of one to 8 carbon atoms, inclusive, or a pharmacologically acceptable cation, and wherein R.sub.2 is methyl or ethyl.
2. An optically active compound according to claim 1.
3. 15-Methyl-PGF.sub.1.sub..alpha., an optically active compound according to claim 2 wherein R.sub.1 is hydrogen and R.sub.2 is methyl.
4. 15-Methyl-PGF.sub.1.sub..alpha. methyl ester, an optically active compound according to claim 2 wherein R.sub.1 and R.sub.2 are both methyl.
5. Racemic 15-methyl-PGF.sub.1.sub..alpha., a racemic compound according to claim 1 wherein R.sub.1 is hydrogen and R.sub.2 is methyl.
6. Racemic 15-methyl-PGF.sub.1.sub..alpha. methyl ester, a racemic compound according to claim 1 wherein R.sub.1 and R.sub.2 are both methyl.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.