Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||A lighting fixture housing having a lower portion for mounting a light source therein. A spot light assembly is mounted in the upper portion of the housing and is concealed by a housing cover having a plurality of opaque sidewalls and an opening in one of the sidewalls. The spotlight assembly is adjustably mounted for linear and pivotal movement in both a vertical and a horizontal plane to permit the passage of an optimum amount of light rays through the opening onto an intended object located at various elevations and angular positions.|
|Inventor(s):||Lenz; Robert E. (Snyder, NY), Wargo; Stephen J. (Buffalo, NY)|
|Assignee:||Forsyth Industries, Inc. (East Aurora, NY)|
|Filing Date:||Dec 01, 1969|
|Claims:||1. A light fixture comprising a housing having a cover, said cover having a plurality of opaque sidewalls and an opening in one of said sidewalls, a spotlight assembly including a lens facing said opening, means for mounting said spotlight assembly in said housing, said mounting means including means for adjusting said spotlight assembly linearly and pivotally in a generally vertical plane, and means for adjusting said spotlight assembly linearly and pivotally in a generally horizontal plane whereby the optimum amount of light rays pass through said opening without obstruction onto an intended object, said housing including a lower portion having sidewalls provided with light transmitting openings through the major portions thereof, and a second light source mounted in said housing lower portion for general illumination through the sidewalls thereof. |
2. A light fixture as set forth in claim 1 wherein said means for adjusting said spotlight assembly linearly and pivotally in a generally vertical plane comprises an upright member having opposite sidewalls with elongated slots extending lengthwise thereof, a socket assembly for receiving said spotlight assembly and pivotal fastening means extending laterally outwardly from opposite sides of said socket assembly through said slots for securing said socket assembly in a selected position on said upright member.
3. A light fixture as set forth in claim 1 wherein said last-mentioned means comprises a mounting bracket having transversely extending slots at opposite ends thereof, said housing having a ledge with a pair of diametrically opposed openings therein, said mounting bracket being movable on and relative to said ledge to a selected position thereon, and fastening means insertable in said slots and said openings to secure said bracket in place.
4. A light fixture as set forth in claim 3 including an angle member mounted on said bracket for linear movement related thereto and for pivotal movement in a generally horizontal plane, and means connecting said spotlight assembly to said angle member.
5. A light fixture as set forth in claim 1 wherein said cover opening is covered with a transparent panel.
6. A light fixture as set forth in claim 1 wherein said light transmitting openings in said housing lower portion are covered with translucent panels.
7. A light fixture as set forth in claim 1 wherein said light transmitting openings in said housing lower portion are covered with clear panels.
8. A combination postlight and spotlight or floodlight comprising a housing having a lower portion of polyhedral form and a cover portion of complimentary polyhedral form, said lower portion having a bottom wall engageable with a mounting post and a plurality of upwardly diverging sidewalls each having a light transmitting opening through the major portion thereof, a first light source mounted in said housing lower portion for general illumination through the sidewalls thereof, said cover portion having a top wall and a plurality of downwardly diverging sidewalls, one of said cover portion sidewalls having a light transmitting opening through a major portion thereof, the remainder of said cover portion walls being substantially opaque, a directional second light source, and means mounting said second source in said housing cover portion for illumination through said one cover portion sidewall, said mounting means being adjustable to selectively position said second source toward and away from said one cover portion sidewall and to selectively vary the angle of illumination therethrough.
9. A combination post and spot or floodlight according to claim 8 wherein said mounting means is adjustable to selectively position said second source vertically relative to said cover portion.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.