DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,717,852
|Title:||Cartridge holder and pen-type injector|
|Abstract:||A cartridge holder for a drug delivery device is presented having snap fastening connection means to fasten the cartridge holder to a housing of the drug delivery device, wherein the fastening connection means are provided with at least on basically rectangular window for receiving a locking element of said housing. The invention is further directed to a pen-type injector equipped with a respective snap fastening connection for the cartridge holder.|
|Inventor(s):||Einwachter; Robin (Frankfurt am Main, DE)|
|Assignee:||SANOFI-AVENTIS DEUTSCHLAND GMBH (Frankfurt am Main, DE)|
1. A cartridge holder for a drug delivery device, a holder having a longitudinal axis, an outside surface, an inner section and comprising snap fastening connection
means for fastening the cartridge holder to a housing of a drug delivery device, wherein the snap fastening connection means comprises a rectangular window located at a proximal end of the cartridge holder for receiving a locking element of the housing,
where the window is a rectangular shaped through opening having four edges and connects the inner section with the outside surface, wherein a first set of notches formed as round contours define two of corners of the window and a second set of notches
formed as round contours define two other corners of the window, where the first set of notches are offset from the edges and extend in a circumferential direction with respect to the longitudinal direction and the second set of notches extend in an
axial direction along the longitudinal direction, wherein the second set of notches extend less distance in the axial direction compared to a circumferential distance that the first set of notches extend.
2. The cartridge holder according to claim 1, characterized in that the first notches are arranged in such way that an intermediate section between the first notches constitutes a preferably resilient lug.
3. The cartridge holder according to claim 1, characterized in that on at least a section of an outer surface of the cartridge holder at least one axially elongated spline element, preferably integrally formed with the cartridge holder, is disposed.
4. The cartridge holder according to claim 3, characterized in that a plurality of spline elements is distributed around a periphery of at least a section of the cartridge holder in a non rotationally symmetric manner.
5. A pen-type injector, having a housing and a cartridge holder according to claim 1 for a cartridge containing a medicinal product, wherein the housing and the cartridge holder are held together by a snap-fastening connection.
6. The pen-type injector according to claim 5, characterized in that the pen-type injector is a disposable injection device.
7. The cartridge holder according to claim 1 where one of the second notches extends in a distal direction and the other second notch extends in the proximal direction.
8. The cartridge holder according to claim 1 further comprising a plurality of the rectangular windows that are irregular spaced circumferentially around the proximal end of the cartridge holder.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.