DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Email this page to a colleague
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,572,867
|Title:||Treatment of short bowel syndrome patients with colon-in-continuity|
|Abstract:||Intestinal absorption is enhanced in short bowel syndrome patients presenting with colon-in-continuity by treatment with a GLP-2 receptor agonist, such as teduglutide.|
|Inventor(s):||Sanguinetti; Elizabeth L. (Salt Lake City, UT), Marriott; Thomas B. (Sandy, UT), Lopansri; Jennifer (Park City, UT), Blosch; Consuelo M. (Seattle, WA)|
|Assignee:||Shire-NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Bedminster, NJ)|
1. A method of reducing recurrence of kidney stones in a patient having short bowel syndrome, who has previously suffered from at least one kidney stone, and who presents with
colon-in-continuity with remnant small intestine, said method comprising administering [Gly2]hGLP-2 to said patient using a closing regimen effective to reduce the likelihood of kidney stone recurrence in said patient.
2. The method as defined in claim 1, wherein the [Gly2]hGLP-2 is administered at a daily dose of from 5 to 500 .mu.g/kg.
3. The method as defined in claim 2, wherein the [Gly2]hGLP-2 is administered at a daily dose of from 30 to 150 .mu.g/kg.
4. The method as defined in claim 1, wherein the [Gly2]hGLP-2 is administered by subcutaneous injection.
5. The method as defined in claim 4, wherein the subcutaneous injection is into the abdomen, thigh, or arm.
6. The method as defined in claim 1, wherein the patient is an adult.
7. The method as defined in claim 1, wherein said regimen comprises administration of said [Gly2]hGLP-2 over a period of at least 21 days.
8. The method as defined in claim 1, wherein said patient is an adult and the [Gly2]hGLP-2 is administered at a daily dose of from 30 to 150 .mu.g/kg by subcutaneous injection.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.