DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Email this page to a colleague
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,549,938
|Title:||Boron-containing small molecules|
|Abstract:||This invention relates to compounds useful for treating fungal infections, more specifically topical treatment of onychomycosis and/or cutaneous fungal infections. This invention is directed to compounds that are active against fungi and have properties that allow the compound, when placed in contact with a patient, to reach the particular part of the skin, nail, hair, claw or hoof infected by the fungus. In particular the present compounds have physiochemical properties that facilitate penetration of the nail plate.|
|Inventor(s):||Baker; Stephen J. (Collegeville, PA), Akama; Tsutomu (Sunnyvale, CA), Hernandez; Vincent S. (Watsonville, CA), Hold; Karin M. (Belmont, CA), Maples; Kirk (San Jose, CA), Plattner; Jacob J. (Berkeley, CA), Sanders; Virginia (San Francisco, CA), Zhang; Yong-Kang (San Jose, CA), Fieldson; Gregory T. (Morgantown, WV), Leyden; James J. (Malvern, CA)|
|Assignee:||Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Palo Alto, CA)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 9,549,938|
1. A method of treating a Tinea unguium infection of a toenail of a human, the method comprising: topically administering to the toenail of the human a pharmaceutical
composition comprising 1,3-dihydro-5-fluoro-1-hydroxy-2,1-benzoxaborole or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof in an amount sufficient to treat the infection.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the Tinea unguium infection is due to Trichophyton rubrum or Trichophyton mentagrophytes.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the pharmaceutical composition is in the form of a solution comprising 5% w/w of 1,3-dihydro-5-fluoro-1-hydroxy-2,1-benzoxaborole.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the pharmaceutical composition further comprises ethanol and propylene glycol.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the Tinea unguium infection is due to Trichophyton rubrum or Trichophyton mentagrophytes, and wherein the pharmaceutical composition is in the form of a solution comprising 5% w/w of 1,3-dihydro-5-fluoro-1-hydroxy-2,1-benzoxaborole.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein the pharmaceutical composition further comprises ethanol and propylene glycol.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.