DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,161,926
|Title:||Topical dapsone and dapsone/adaplene compositions and methods for use thereof|
|Abstract:||Dapsone and dapsone/adapalene compositions can be useful for treating a variety of dermatological conditions. The compositions of this disclosure include dapsone and/or adapalene in a polymeric viscosity builder. Subject compositions can be adjusted to optimize the dermal delivery profile of dapsone to effectively treat dermatological conditions and improve the efficiency of pharmaceutical products applied to the skin. Use of the polymeric viscosity builder provides compositions with increased concentrations of diethylene glycol monoethyl ether relative to compositions without the polymeric viscosity builder.|
|Inventor(s):||Warner; Kevin S. (Anaheim, CA), Parashar; Ajay P. (San Diego, CA), Swaminathan; Vijaya (San Francisco, CA), Bhatt; Varsha (San Francisco, CA)|
|Assignee:||Allergan, Inc. (Irvine, CA)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 9,161,926|
1. A topical pharmaceutical composition comprising: about 7.5% w/w dapsone; about 30% w/w to about 40% w/w diethylene glycol monoethyl ether; about 2% w/w to about 6% w/w
of a polymeric viscosity builder consisting of acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer; and water; wherein the composition does not comprise adapalene.
2. The composition of claim 1, wherein the diethylene glycol monoethyl ether is present at a concentration of about 30% w/w.
3. The composition of claim 1, wherein the polymeric viscosity builder is present at a concentration of about 4% w/w.
4. The composition of claim 1, further comprising methyl paraben.
5. A topical pharmaceutical composition comprising: about 7.5% w/w dapsone; about 30% w/w diethylene glycol monoethyl ether; about 4% w/w of a polymeric viscosity builder consisting of acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer; and water; wherein the composition does not comprise adapalene.
6. The composition of claim 5, further comprising methyl paraben.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.