Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Methods of treatment and pharmaceutical composition|
|Abstract:||The invention relates a pharmaceutical composition comprising a combination of: (i) the AT 1-antagonist valsartan or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof; and (ii) a NEP inhibitor or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof and optionally a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier and to a method for the treatment or prevention of a condition or disease selected from the group consisting of hypertension, heart failure, such as (acute and chronic) congestive heart failure, left ventricular dysfunction and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, diabetic cardiac myopathy, supraventricular and ventricular arrhythmias, atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, detrimental vascular remodeling, myocardial infarction and its sequelae, atherosclerosis, angina (whether unstable or stable), renal insufficiency (diabetic and non-diabetic), heart failure, angina pectoris, diabetes, secondary aldosteronism, primary and secondary pulmonary hypertension, renal failure conditions, diabetic retinopathy, the management of other vascular disorders, cognitive dysfunction, comprising administering a therapeutically effective amount of tire pharmaceutical composition to mammal in need thereof.|
|Inventor(s):||Ksander; Gary Michael (Milford, NJ), Webb; Randy Lee (Flemington, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Novartis AG (Basel, CH)|
1. A method for the treatment of a condition or disease selected from the group consisting of hypertension and heart failure, comprising administering to a patient in need
thereof a therapeutically effective amount of the combination of: (i) the AT 1-antagonist valsartan or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof; (ii) the NEP inhibitor N-(3-carboxy-1-oxopropyl)-(4S)-(p-phenylphenylmethyl)-4-amino-2R-methylbu- tanoic
acid ethyl ester or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, or (2R,4S)-5-biphenyl-4-yl-4(3-carboxy-propionyl amino)-2-methyl-pentanoic acid or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof; and wherein said components (i) and (ii) are administered in
one unit dose form or in two separate unit dose forms.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein components (i) and (ii) are administered in one unit dose form.
3. The method of claim 1 wherein components (i) and (ii) are administered separately in two separate unit dose forms.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein the condition or disease is hypertension.
5. The method of claim 1 wherein the condition or disease is heart failure.
6. The method of claim 2, wherein the one unit dosage form is for oral administration.
7. The method of claim 2, wherein the one unit dosage form is a tablet or capsule.
8. The method of claim 7, wherein the tablet is a coated tablet.
9. The method of claim 3, wherein the two separate unit dose forms are for oral administration.
10. The method of claim 3, wherein the two separate unit dose forms are in a kit.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.