Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Treatment of circadian rhythm disorders|
|Abstract:||Embodiments of the invention relate to the use of a melatonin agonist in the treatment of free running circadian rhythms in patients, including light perception impaired patients, e.g., blind patients, and to methods of measuring circadian rhythm.|
|Inventor(s):||Dressman; Marlene Michelle (Germantown, MD), Feeney; John Joseph (Olney, MD), Licamele; Louis William (Potomac, MD), Polymeropoulos; Mihael H. (Potomac, MD)|
|Assignee:||Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Washington, DC)|
1. A method of entraining a patient suffering from Non-24 to a 24 hour sleep-wake cycle in which the patient awakens at or near a target wake time following a daily sleep
period of approximately 7 to 9 hours, and maintaining said 24 hour sleep-wake cycle said method comprising: treating the patient by orally administering to the patient 20 mg of tasimelteon once daily before a target bedtime.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein the patient is totally blind.
3. The method of claim 2 wherein the tasimelteon is administered 0.5 to 1.5 hours before the target bedtime.
4. The method of claim 3 wherein treatment is initiated on a day in which the patient's urinary aMT6s acrophase is predicted to be within about 5.5 hours before target wake time and about 2.5 hours after target wake time.
5. The method of claim 3 wherein treatment is initiated on a day in which the patient's urinary cortisol acrophase is predicted to be within about 5.5 hours before target wake time and about 2.5 hours after target wake time.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.