Generated: April 25, 2017
|Title:||Human lysosomal proteins from plant cell culture|
|Abstract:||A device, system and method for producing glycosylated proteins in plant culture, particularly proteins having a high mannose glycosylation, while targeting such proteins with an ER signal and/or by-passing the Golgi. The invention further relates to vectors and methods for expression and production of enzymatically active high mannose lysosomal enzymes using transgenic plant root, particularly carrot cells. More particularly, the invention relates to host cells, particularly transgenic suspended carrot cells, vectors and methods for high yield expression and production of biologically active high mannose Glucocerebrosidase (GCD). The invention further provides for compositions and methods for the treatment of lysosomal storage diseases.|
|Inventor(s):||Shaaltiel; Yoseph (Kibbutz HaSolelim, IL), Baum; Gideon (Kibbutz Ayelet HaShachar, IL), Bartfeld; Daniel (Kibbutz Moran, IL), Hashmueli; Sharon (Ramot-Naftali, IL), Lewkowicz; Ayala (Kfar-Vradim, IL)|
|Assignee:||Protalix Ltd. (Carmiel, IL)|
1. A recombinant human glucocerebrosidase protein which comprises the amino acid sequence consisting of human glucocerebrosidase linked at its C terminus to the vacuolar
targeting signal peptide as set forth in SEQ ID NO: 2, and wherein said human glucocerebrosidase protein is glycosylated and comprises at least one exposed mannose, at least one fucose having an alpha (1-3) glycosidic bond and at least one xylose.
2. The recombinant human glucocerebrosidase protein of claim 1, wherein said amino acid sequence of human glucocerebrosidase is as set forth in SEQ ID NO: 8.
3. The recombinant human glucocerebrosidase protein of claim 1, wherein said human glucocerebrosidase protein is linked at its N terminus to an endoplasmic reticulum signal peptide.
4. The recombinant human glucocerebrosidase protein of claim 1 having glucocerebrosidase catalytic activity.
5. The recombinant human glucocerebrosidase protein of claim 1, wherein said glucocerebrosidase protein is an isolated protein.
6. A pharmaceutical composition comprising the recombinant human glucocerebrosidase protein of claim 1 and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.