DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,741,620
|Title:||Human lysosomal proteins from plant cell culture|
|Abstract:||A device, system and method for producing glycosylated proteins in plant culture, particularly proteins having a high mannose glycosylation, while targeting such proteins with an ER signal and/or by-passing the Golgi. The invention further relates to vectors and methods for expression and production of enzymatically active high mannose lysosomal enzymes using transgenic plant root, particularly carrot cells. More particularly, the invention relates to host cells, particularly transgenic suspended carrot cells, vectors and methods for high yield expression and production of biologically active high mannose Glucocerebrosidase (GCD). The invention further provides for compositions and methods for the treatment of lysosomal storage diseases.|
|Inventor(s):||Shaaltiel; Yoseph (Kibbutz HaSolelim, IL), Baum; Gideon (Kibbutz Ayelet HaShachar, IL), Bartfeld; Daniel (Kibbutz Moran, IL), Hashmueli; Sharon (Ramot-Naftali, IL), Lewkowicz; Ayala (Kfar-Vradim, IL)|
|Assignee:||Protalix Ltd. (Carmiel, IL)|
1. A recombinant human glucocerebrosidase protein which comprises the amino acid sequence consisting of human glucocerebrosidase linked at its C terminus to the vacuolar
targeting signal peptide as set forth in SEQ ID NO: 2, and wherein said human glucocerebrosidase protein is glycosylated and comprises at least one exposed mannose, at least one fucose having an alpha (1-3) glycosidic bond and at least one xylose.
2. The recombinant human glucocerebrosidase protein of claim 1, wherein said amino acid sequence of human glucocerebrosidase is as set forth in SEQ ID NO: 8.
3. The recombinant human glucocerebrosidase protein of claim 1, wherein said human glucocerebrosidase protein is linked at its N terminus to an endoplasmic reticulum signal peptide.
4. The recombinant human glucocerebrosidase protein of claim 1 having glucocerebrosidase catalytic activity.
5. The recombinant human glucocerebrosidase protein of claim 1, wherein said glucocerebrosidase protein is an isolated protein.
6. A pharmaceutical composition comprising the recombinant human glucocerebrosidase protein of claim 1 and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.