DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,524,773
|Title:||Utilization of dialkylfumarates|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to the use of certain dialkyl fumarates for the preparation of pharmaceutical preparations for use in transplantation medicine or for the therapy of autoimmune diseases and said compositions in the form of micro-tablets or pellets. For this purpose, the dialkyl fumarates may also be used in combination with conventional preparations used in transplantation medicine and immunosuppressive agents, especially cyclosporines.|
|Inventor(s):||Joshi; Rajendra Kumar (Zurich, CH), Strebel; Hans-Peter (Muri, CH)|
|Assignee:||Biogen Idec International GmbH (Zug, CH)|
1. A method of treating a patient in need of treatment for multiple sclerosis comprising contacting peripheral blood mono-nuclear cells or monocytes of said patient
with methyl hydrogen fumarate.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the method comprises administering to the patient an oral pharmaceutical preparation consisting essentially of dimethyl fumarate, wherein said dimethyl fumarate is converted in the body of the patient into said methyl hydrogen fumarate.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein the oral pharmaceutical preparation is formulated as a solid dosage form selected from the group consisting of micro-pellets, micro-tablets, granulates, a capsule, and a tablet.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein the solid dosage form is a tablet or capsule.
5. The method of claim 3, wherein the solid dosage form is micro-tablets.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally: