Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Utilization of dialkylfumarates|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to the use of certain dialkyl fumarates for the preparation of pharmaceutical preparations for use in transplantation medicine or for the therapy of autoimmune diseases and said compositions in the form of micro-tablets or pellets. For this purpose, the dialkyl fumarates may also be used in combination with conventional preparations used in transplantation medicine and immunosuppressive agents, especially cyclosporines.|
|Inventor(s):||Joshi; Rajendra Kumar (Zurich, CH), Strebel; Hans-Peter (Muri, CH)|
|Assignee:||Biogen Idec International GmbH (Zug, CH)|
1. A method of treating a patient in need of treatment for multiple sclerosis comprising contacting peripheral blood mono-nuclear cells or monocytes of said patient
with methyl hydrogen fumarate.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the method comprises administering to the patient an oral pharmaceutical preparation consisting essentially of dimethyl fumarate, wherein said dimethyl fumarate is converted in the body of the patient into said methyl hydrogen fumarate.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein the oral pharmaceutical preparation is formulated as a solid dosage form selected from the group consisting of micro-pellets, micro-tablets, granulates, a capsule, and a tablet.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein the solid dosage form is a tablet or capsule.
5. The method of claim 3, wherein the solid dosage form is micro-tablets.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.