DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,512,297
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to injectors, such as pen-type injectors, that provide for administration of medicinal products from a multidose-cartridge and permit a user to set the delivery dose. The injector may include a housing, a piston rod adapted to operate through the housing, a dose dial sleeve located between the housing and the piston rod, and a drive sleeve located between the dose dial sleeve and the piston rod. The dose dial sleeve may have a helical thread of first lead and the drive sleeve may have a helical groove of second lead. The first lead of the helical thread and the second lead of the helical groove may be the same.|
|Inventor(s):||Veasey; Robert Frederick (Warwickshire, GB), Perkins; Robert (Warwickshire, GB), Plumptre; David Aubrey (Worcestershire, GB)|
|Assignee:||Sanofi-Aventis Deutschland GmbH (DE)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 8,512,297|
1. A dispensed dose indicator mechanism for a pen-type injector, comprising: a housing having an internal surface with one or more splines; a drive sleeve configured
to move both axially and rotationally relative to the internal surface of the housing, the drive sleeve having an outer surface on which a thread is disposed; and a nut engaged with the thread, where the nut is fixed rotationally with respect to the
housing and is axially displaceable along the thread when the drive sleeve is rotated.
2. The dispensed dose indicator mechanism of claim 1 further characterized in that the outer surface of the drive sleeve has a first radially extending flange and a second radially extending flange, the thread is disposed between the two flanges.
3. The dispensed dose indicator mechanism of claim 1 where the nut is keyed to the one or more splines on the internal surface of the housing to prevent the nut from rotating relative to the housing while allowing axial movement relative to the housing.
4. The dispensed dose indicator mechanism of claim 1 where the nut is a half nut.
5. The dispensed dose indicator mechanism of claim 1 where axially displacement of the nut is indicative of dispensed doses.
6. The dispensed dose indicator mechanism of claim 1 where the thread is proportional to available doses of medicament contained in a cartridge attached to the pen-type injector.
7. The dispensed dose indicator mechanism of claim 1 where a first radial stop on the nut engages a second radial stop on the second flange when a final dose of medicament is dispensed from a cartridge attached to the pen-type injector.
8. The dispensed dose indicator mechanism of claim 1 where a radial stop on the nut engages a radial stop on the first flange indicative of a cartridge full position.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.