Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Device for administering fluid from a multi-chamber ampoule in incremental steps|
|Abstract:||An administering device for administering an active substance from a multi-chamber container comprising a first chamber holding a solid active substance and a second chamber holding a dissolving liquid for the active substance, wherein the administering device comprises a mixing device for mixing the active substance with the dissolving liquid and a housing accommodating the mixing device, the container being moveable relative to the housing, and the administering device further comprising a first indicator for indicating a position of the container relative to the housing upon completion of a mixing step, and a second indicator for indicating a position of the container relative to the housing upon completion of a venting step.|
|Inventor(s):||Galbraith; Sofia (Solothurn, CH), Moser; Ulrich (Heimiswil, CH), Hirschel; Juerg (Aarau, CH), Thompson; Ian (Burgdorf, CH)|
|Assignee:||TecPharma Licensing AG (Burgdorf, CH)|
1. An administering device for administering an agent from a multi-chamber carpule with at least a first chamber containing a solid agent and a second chamber
containing a dissolving liquid for the agent, the administering device having a proximal end and a distal end and comprising a housing and a mixing mechanism for mixing the agent and dissolving liquid ,wherein the mixing mechanism comprises a holder
element for accommodating the carpule, the holder element rotatably moveable relative to the housing for being inserted into the housing and for mixing the agent and dissolving liquid the multi-chamber carpule fixed relative to the holder element during
mixing, the administering device further comprising a display system comprising at least a first visual display for indicating a position of the multi-chamber carpule relative to the housing when a mixing operation has ended, at least a second visual
display for indicating a position of the carpule relative to the housing when a priming operation has ended, and a catch mechanism for forming a releaseable catch position between the holder element and the housing which permits rotating the holder
element to move the holder element in the proximal direction relative to the housing and non-releasable catch positions between the holder element and the housing which prevent the holder element from moving in the proximal direction relative to the
housing, wherein the catch mechanism is for latching and providing an indication of individual steps involved in preparing the administering device for use, and comprises a first catch groove, a second catch groove or orifice, a third catch groove, and a
catch arm on the holder element oriented in the circumferential direction of the holder element and biased radially outwardly so the arm slides along an internal circumferential surface of the housing when the holder element is rotated into the housing,
wherein the holder element is rotated into the housing until the catch arm latches in the first catch groove generating an acoustic signal indicating an initial position has been reached, the initial position constituting a lock preventing the holder
element from moving in the proximal direction relative to the housing and from which initial position the holder element is rotated farther in until the arm latches in the second catch groove or orifice reaching a mixing position, generating an acoustic
signal indicating the end of mixing of the agent and dissolving liquid and constituting a releasable lock wherein by the holder element can be moved in the proximal direction relative to the housing or can be rotated farther into the housing until the
catch arm is latched in the third catch groove generating an acoustic signal indicating an priming position has been reached reaching and constituting an anti-rotation lock so that the holder element is locked in the priming position to prevent any
further movement relative to the housing.
2. The administering device as claimed in claim 1, wherein the display system comprises a third display for indicating an initial position of the carpule relative to the housing prior to a mixing operation.
3. The administering device as claimed in claim 1, wherein the displays are at least one of disposed axially offset along a longitudinal axis of the administering device and offset in the circumferential direction on a circumference of the administering device.
4. The administering device as claimed in claim 1, wherein the displays of the display system comprise said visual displays and at least one of an acoustic signal and a combination of a visual marking and acoustic signal.
5. The administering device as claimed in claim 1, further comprising one of a pointer or cut-out associated with one of the holder element and housing, by which one of the displays can be displayed, the other of the holder element and housing comprising the display system.
6. The administering device as claimed in claim 1, wherein the insertion movement between the holder element and housing is a rotating movement and in the releasable catch position the catch mechanism acts as a releasable anti-rotation lock to allow the rotating movement of the insertion movement or a rotating movement opposite to the rotating movement of the insertion movement.
7. The administering device according to claim 1, wherein in the priming position a portion of the holder element 2 is in contact with a portion of the housing.
8. The administering device according to claim 7, wherein in the mixing position the catch arm can be pushed from outside the device toward the interior of the device out of the second catch groove or orifice so the holder element can be moved in the proximal direction relative to the housing.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.