Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Milnacipran for the long-term treatment of fibromyalgia syndrome|
|Abstract:||The present invention is directed to methods for providing long-term treatment of fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS) by administering a dual re-uptake inhibitor to a patient with FMS. More particularly, the present invention is directed to the long-term treatment of FMS by administering a norepinephrine-serotonin reuptake inhibitor (NSRI) to a patient with FMS.|
|Inventor(s):||Rao; Srinivas G. (Encinitas, CA), Gendreau; Michael (Poway, CA), Kranzler; Jay D. (La Jolla, CA)|
|Assignee:||Cypress Bioscience, Inc. (San Diego, CA)|
1. A method of treating fibromyalgia in a patient suffering from fibromyalgia comprising administering milnacipran, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, to
the patient according to the following schedule: a) administering 12.5 mg milnacipran/day to the patient for 1 day; then b) administering 25 mg milnacipran/day to the patient for 2 days; then c) administering 50 mg milnacipran/day to the patient for 4
days; then d) administering 100 mg milnacipran/day.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the milnacipran or a salt thereof is administered in a tablet dosage form.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein the tablet dosage form comprises an amount of milnacipran selected from 12.5 mg, 25 mg, 50 mg, or 100 mg.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the milnacipran in steps b) to d) is administered twice daily.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the milnacipran in step b) is administered as a 12.5 mg dosage two times per day.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the milnacipran in step c) is administered as a 25 mg dosage two times per day.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the milnacipran in step d) is administered as a 50 mg dosage two times per day.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.